27 | Bam, the saviour

─── ·𖥸· ───

─── ·𖥸· ───

"Did you come around to talking to those investors and convince them?" Jeongguk says, leaning against the elevator's wall. Secretary Kim glances at him, before shaking his head.

"I can't get past his secretary. He won't let me mention anything about the project."

Jeongguk groans, "Why would they suddenly withdraw the sponsorship from us?"

"You don't look so well." Secretary Kim comments, "Had a busy night, huh."

Jeongguk is taken aback by the intentional tease in his secretary's voice but scoffs, "Yeah. With loud music and Minhee's attempts to not let me sleep, totally."

"Sounds like a night."

"That reminds me...could you ask an electrician or someone to come over and fix the television." Jeongguk sighs.

"The television? What's wrong with it?" Kim furrows his eyebrows. Jeongguk brushes him off. That's not important. His ears still hurt from all the noise from the night— God, Minhee is so difficult. As soon as he starts warming up to her, she does something that aggravates Jeongguk. It's like he loses himself whenever he's with her, he's not himself. That's why they aren't meant for each other at all.

Who knows why their mothers thought it would be a good idea to pair them up?

"When do we have the meeting with the planning team for Paris Fashion week?" Jeongguk asks, fixing his clothes as they walk out of the elevator towards his office.

"Day after tomorrow."

Jeongguk nods, pushing the door open to walk inside his cabin— greeting the fish in the aquarium.

"Also I must congratulate you. Persona magazine has outsold every other fashion and beauty magazine in fifteen countries. It's a huge deal, we should be able to enter the European Market easily."

Jeongguk grins, nodding at Kim. "That's great."

"If you showed your abs, it could have been thirty countries."

Jeongguk glares at Secretary Kim who just shrugs in response. "You have a weird obsession with seeing me naked when I am sure you have seen my dick more times than you have seen yours."

"That might actually be true."

...

That night when Jeongguk returns home, he is greeted with a mess in the kitchen. It smells so bad that Jeongguk gags, almost puking. Minhee seems to be in her room, judging by the classical music coming across her closed door.

It's loud too, Jeongguk is sure she's doing it purposefully now. Mrs Yoon did tell him that Minhee has taken three days off to 'settle down' but Jeongguk doesn't think she needs so much time to do so. It seems like she knows too that her stay here is temporary but that doesn't mean she can do anything she wishes too.