03.5 | Payback, Secretary Kim

─── ·𖥸· ───

─── ·𖥸· ───

"I don't understand, why can't you get your own car washed?" Secretary Kim says, pressing his lips in a thin line.

"Because I am the CEO and you," Jeongguk opens his arms to point towards Secretary Kim, "are the Secretary,"

"I don't remember my job including to get cars washed for you,"

"It's a payback for not holding an umbrella for me," Jeongguk sniffs, faking how hurt he was after feeling left out. Secretary Kim points at Jeongguk and then swings his wrist as a dismissive gesture, "That is also not included,"

"Your job includes doing what I say," Jeongguk counters. He's already pushing Secretary Kim towards his car. Jeongguk being the stronger one among the two, somehow manages to get Secretary Kim seated on the driver's seat.

"Just so you know, if you tell me to kill Ms Yoon, I won't."

Jeongguk snickers and then Secretary Kim nods in the direction of a car which Jeongguk recognizes. "Is that Minhee?" the younger asks.

"Yes, I think so."

Holy shit, what a twisted fate. Jeongguk thinks.

"Why does she look like someone died?" the older man comments all of a sudden. Jeongguk looks back at Secretary Kim, "Did she fire John and is now embarrassed to come here?"

"Who is John?" Secretary Kim asks but Jeongguk is already walking away in the direction of the other car.

"Her garage guy," the younger replies.

"Why the heck do you know his name?" Kim peeks out of the window.

Jeongguk turns back and winks, while walking sideways, "I don't. But he works too hard to just be called a garage guy," and off he runs towards Minhee's car.

Secretary Kim settles back, and mumbles, "He's cute." and realizes someone can probably hear him. "Only sometimes."

...

"This is the 'viral weekly' bringing you the most trending news on social media to you. Yoon Minhee, daughter of Yoon Daejun was spotted at the golf course owned by the Jungs, with Jeon Jeongguk, the CEO of BE. It was reported that Jeon Jeongguk was injured by a small accident during the game. It seemed like Ms Yoon's aim wasn't the goal but Mr Jeon instead. (chuckles)"

"It's not the first time those two have caused such a commotion. They are...amazing. (chuckles) I don't recall a single event where they haven't drawn attention to themselves and their childish rivalry."

"A little bit lower please." Minhee hisses, flinching when Dahyun applies the cold pack to her lower back. The soju glass in her hand almost falls on the table but she manages to drink all of its contents before keeping the glass on the tabletop with force.

"Who told you to go to play golf when you don't know how to?" Dahyun says, shaking her head. Both of them are sitting on the floor with their back's resting on the foot of the couch at Eunwoo's house. It's what they often do, have a shit day at work and barge into Eunwoo's house. He's often complained about it but who isn't scared of Minhee's punches?

"Apparently a lot of people ship those two together as well."

"Who? Yoon Minhee and Jeon Jeongguk?"

"Yes, if they come together, it will be over for us. Who knows who would be sucked into their little tornado?"

And for some reason the way the man on the news channel says 'tornado' makes Minhee laugh. Dahyun looks at her, quizzically. She's drunk, oh god.

"Did you hear what he said? Taw-ran-do? So funny. I hit Jeongguk? So funny."

Minhee fills her glass with more soju before drinking it all again. A tray is placed on the table and two pieces of melon are stuffed into each of the friend's mouths. Dahyun almost chokes due to the size of the melon shoved in her mouth.

"I can smell camphor here— did you actually break your back?" Eunwoo says, sitting down on the armchair.

"Broken back? Who? You broke your back?" Minhee says, chewing on the melon.

"Not me. You." Eunwoo says. "Didn't you take golf classes for a week? You still managed to embarrass yourself..."

Dahyun laughs, mouth filled with half-chewed melon that makes Eunwoo cringe. "Hey, don't worry about any of that. She would have embarrassed herself either way." Then both Minhee and Dahyun burst into broken laughter, hitting each other for nothing.

Eunwoo sighs. "Keep things civil. It's just eight." Then he scoffs, "Why are you both causing a fuss at my house? Is this your house? Your walk-in hotel?"

Minhee pouts. "I had nowhere else to go."

"Why not? What happened to the apartment you bought?"

Minhee stuffs another melon in her mouth. "The neighbors...they have....a lot of sex...it's annoying to stay there....for more than three hours. So I sold it!"

Eunwoo rolls his eyes. Before he could say something about it, Dahyun's phone rings, making Minhee giggle. Dahyun tries to shush Minhee and presses the phone to her ear. "Yes Reporter Choi?"

Minhee hiccups and places a finger on her lip, listening to Dahyun's phone call with the reporter. "Relationship...? They aren't in any kind of relationship..." Dahyun awkwardly laughs, looking at Minhee. "It's true...she wouldn't hide anything from me—"

"It's true! We are dating! We are dating, dating, dating!" Minhee yells, making Dahyun hang up the call abruptly and Eunwoo to almost fall off the armchair. "I am dating Jeon Jeongguk!"

"You crazy bitch!" Dahyun hollers. Minhee sits back, lips pressed together and eyes focused on her lap, trying to act innocent.

"You're really dating Jeongguk?" Eunwoo asks, blinking at her cluelessly. Dahyun hits his arm, making him hiss. "She needs to say no even if they are, you asshole."

Minhee scoffs. "Am I insane to date him or something?"

I am insane enough to marry him. But I am sorry I can't tell you both yet.

"Why would you do that then!"

"I just wanted to screw him over." Minhee yawns, leaning back to rest her head on one of the pillows. "Adding Jeongguk to my list of scandals won't change anything but for him, it would."

Eunwoo shudders, shaking his head. "Seems like something is wrong with her. Has she been watching psycho thrillers recently?"

"Who is the one getting screwed over? It's you, you idiot. Not him. " Dahyun sighs.

Minhee laughs, eyes closing as she murmurs, "He's done for," like a broken record, finally drifting to sleep.

─── ·𖥸· ───

chapters/scenes smaller than the usual chapter length will be numbered in x.5s as a filler