11 | Dry lips, chapped memories

─── ·𖥸· ───

─── ·𖥸· ───

Minhee and Jeongguk are married. Legally.

She removed her wedding ring the day she met Jeongguk at the car wash, he still seemed to wear it. Accessories are Jeongguk's element, not hers. No one questions him but they'll question her if she wears it. Slightly, she is relieved that the whole dating thing forces her not to wear it. She couldn't bear the weight of the ring for one day.

"It's a private ceremony but both Jeongguk and Minhee are expected to speak out on it. The sooner, the better." Daejun says, smiling at Jeongguk.

"Give them a few days, and let them enjoy the start of their union in privacy." Minhee's mother says, elbowing her husband.

"Dad, can we not hold a private ceremony?"

The dinner table stills. Jeongguk, curious, tilts his head with a raise of an eyebrow and waits for Minhee to continue.

"Why Minhee? Did Jeongguk say something?" Mrs Jeon says, looking disappointedly at Jeongguk who widens his eyes, dumbfounded.

"Oh no no..." Minhee licks her lips. "I just wanted to hold a big ceremony. Yeah. Big ceremony."

Jeongguk tilts his head in another direction, raising both of his eyebrows in surprise.

"That's not possible right now Minhee. It's award season, promotions too. Holding a bigger ceremony would be chaos." Daejun says.

"So let's wait until we can hold it. I have—" Daejun quirks an eyebrow up at her. The Jeons look taken aback but Mrs Jeon laughs it off.

"Oh, every woman has a dream wedding! I had one too. We'll do the marriage just the way you want, Minhee." she says. "How about we do this? Let's register your marriage for now and then we can hold the ceremony next year, as soon as summer settles in. How does that sound?"

Minhee exhales and nods. Mr Jeon smiles. "That's great then, son, are you okay with it?"

Jeongguk shrugs, pointing both of his hands at Minhee to gesture 'whatever she is fine with.'

"It's decided then. We'll get the marriage registered this weekend itself." Minhee's mother says.

When you lie about a certain thing, you do it once. The issue comes up when you lie more to maintain that one in the beginning.

"Why did you not reveal your marriage to the press, yet?" was the question Mrs Yoon asked.

"We have just registered the marriage Mom, people will ask for details. It's better off to say we are dating for now." was what Minhee said.

"What about moving together?"

"If you are so keen on not wanting to see me at home, I will not."