23 | Fake it, say it

• इन्हें समर्पित: Btsislob

─── ·𖥸· ───

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

─── ·𖥸· ───

It is morning before Minhee even realises.

Her head is pounding, eyes unable to keep open and she can't even speak a sentence without yawning. Eunwoo had called her at night saying Dahyun was at his place and he was clueless about why she came to him crying.

Minhee's lips had trembled as she told him the truth about her and Jeongguk's relationship, choking on her own words. Eunwoo had said nothing but, "We'll talk in person, Dahyun needs me," and hung up.

Then, as expected, the scandal caused people to dig out every information, related and unrelated to it, from Minhee's private and office life. Numerous dating scandals surface, linking Minhee's name with rich conglomerates, even the one's she hasn't ever heard of and causing people to accuse her of cheating at Jeongguk.

The clips from the cruise dinner spread with captions saying 'Busted', social media comments filled with people trolling her. It's a mess.

A mess she created.

Jeon fucking Jeongguk.

That asshole still benefited from all of this.

"Ma'am, the reporters are waiting." Mina's voice snaps Minhee out of her thoughts. She takes a deep breath before walking inside the hall.

The PR team had suggested hosting a press conference to clarify all of the accusations and rumours. She is grateful that the team could conjure up enough evidence and material for her to come clean without even knowing the full truth.

She walks inside the hall where flashes of the camera and the sound of typing fill the room. It's already making her sick. Once the mic is set and she is standing on the podium, Minhee takes a deep breath before calmly speaking.

"Hello. I'm Wings' Chief Executive Officer, Yoon Minhee. Today, I am here to sincerely apologise to the customers and staff that had to face inconvenience recently. We also decline the claims that say we have been gaining more profit by increasing the selling price of our products in departmental stores. The legal team is working through a lawsuit against the people involved in spreading false information and using false evidence to taint the company's image.

The company would also take in the concern of working conditions of our staff in factories and have decided to take active measures against any mistreatment, neglect or difficulty they face.

Lastly, regarding the arising rumours and the marriage document circulating in the media. Those documents are forge—"

Then it happens all too quickly. The typing and flashes become more aggressive, almost deafening and Minhee is forced to stop in between because the reporters shoot question after question.

What in the world is happening? Did I say something wrong? No way...I am saying just the things we had discussed— she pauses when a few phrases sound clear in the commotion— married to Jeongguk? What are they speaking about?

❝𝗖𝗘𝗢 𝗥𝗜𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗦 ━━ 𝗝.𝗝𝗞जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें