13.5 | PS: the egg mask works

─── ·𖥸· ───

─── ·𖥸· ───

"CEO Jeon, it's a relief to see you do better. I was really worried for you."

"Thank you for your concern, Mr Jeong. Let's get started with the discussion about the third concept." Jeongguk says.

The inflammation and redness on Jeongguk's face decreased after Secretary Kim stopped by and helped Jeongguk soothe his skin. He had shown a special liking to the egg mask Minhee had bought for Jeongguk and even tried to convince him to ask for the recipe from her.

He had also gotten some information on Minhee's pictorial, that the concepts were personally picked and decided by her and a special team of professionals was made to get the best out of it. When Jeongguk looks over his conference room, he realises one thing. He may not have an extensive team but he has one which is ready to pour their heart in it.

They aren't professional makeup artists or on field professionals who know how these magazines work. They are businessmen and scientists who make, design and sell the products of BE with their knowledge and influence.

The amount of employees in BE is two-thirds of what Wings have and Jeongguk has always looked at it as a disadvantage in the past due to the lack of input and increase of responsibility on one single worker.

But today, he sees it as a way to personally connect to each team and every aspect of the shoot, rather than working through a large system of hierarchy from the task support to the secretary. Not only does it make Jeongguk feel closer to each and every one of them, he believes it creates a healthier environment for creativity and inspiration as well.

"That will be all, CEO Jeon."

Jeongguk nods, "Thank you. So...Which ones did you like the best? Siwoo, Tami... all of you."

"I like the third one a lot. It is a little similar to the fifth one but it's a lot neater and elegant." one of them says.

"I like the fifth one better." someone else says. "Honestly people think it's a fashion magazine and hence we should go with something simpler, but I looked through the old covers— they don't look for normal but inspiring. The third one is neat, but the fifth one is inspiring."

Jeongguk nods, impressed.

"I agree, the fifth one will give you the glimmer."

"Alright then do we collectively agree on the fifth one?" Jeongguk says, picking up the tablet and swiping through it.

The employees look at each other and then nod in affirmation.

"Secretary Kim, do you have anything to say?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Jeongguk makes a disapproving sound and gives him a knowing look. They stare for a few minutes with Jeongguk's glare becoming sharper with every moment and Secretary Kim refusing to back down. Then, Secretary Kim blinks, making Jeongguk grin. "I knew it," he mumbles.

Secretary Kim mutters something about 'No shit Sherlock' and Jeongguk turns his attention back to the team.

"By the way...I was wishing one of you would come up with a particular concept but no one did...Did no one think of a look incorporating the culture of Korea?" Jeongguk says, clasping his fingers on the table. The employees look at each other, some shrugging, some gasping and the rest looking down to their feet.

Jeongguk sighs. "Well, I don't blame you. We all have grown up seeing the west style of fashion and makeup so you are naturally inspired to create something like that. But now, I think this is the perfect opportunity to showcase to the world how beautiful our culture is."

Jeongguk opens another image on the screen. The conference room breaks into 'wows' and murmurs.

"What do you guys think about it?"

"We love it, CEO Jeon. Have you made this?" one of them chimes and points at the screen. The rest of the team tense up hearing their colleague talk to the CEO like he is a mere friend of theirs.

Jeongguk nods, smiling. "Let's vote for the best three, and then go with the ones that have the majority votes."

...

"For someone who wears a lot of blacks, you sure liked all the colourful ones."

Jeongguk chuckles, walking outside the conference room with Secretary Kim on his side. "Well well, I can't look like a goth CEO when I appear on the cover of the Magazine now can I?"

"I like that confidence. " Secretary Kim amuses, " Which is why I am gonna do the first look on you."

That has Jeongguk widening his eyes as he struggles to greet the people on his way because Secretary Kim is already walking away.

"What— No—" he whines. "I swear Secretary Kim if you make me wear a polka dot suit—"

Jeongguk almost bumps into a glass door. " I will make you wear reindeer horns to the office for the whole month—"

"—I will wear it for a year. For free." the older man says, opening the door to Jeongguk's room for the other to enter. Jeongguk rubs his head, chuckling.

"Don't you trust our makeup artists with your design?"

"I don't—" Secretary Kim falters. "It is not my design—"

"Yeah yeah, Secretary Kim, heard that before," Jeongguk says, sighing and sitting on the swivel chair. "Back then too, you had said the same thing and I knew it was you."

The older man doesn't say anything but bows and walks out of the room, making Jeongguk want to hit himself for speaking of the past.

He is reviewing a few files on his desk when Secretary Kim knocks on his door before walking inside with a frown on his face. His lips are protruded in a pout, something he does when he is ready to scold the younger. 

"CEO Jeon, did you get married without telling me?"

─── ·𖥸· ───