Introduction

── C E O R I V A L S ──

a jeon jeongguk fanfiction

.

d i s c l a i m e r

this is a work of fiction. all incidents and characters are just a fragment of my overthinking brain. also, i don't own any of the images used here, they are purely for aesthetic purposes. all rights reserved © 2020 by jjkilytoo

.

💄

W A R N I N G S

this story contains mature language, alcohol consumption, implied smut, dubious morality, grey characters, lgbtq (minor), underlying sexism, homophobia, internalised insecurities, themes of a dysfunctional family, unreal beauty standards, minor character death.

E P I G R A P H

❝You seem to be the type to turn the world upside down for your love.❞ - Yoon Minhee

❝ You look like you want something from me.❞ - Jeon Jeongguk

💄

S Y N O P S I S

Everything is fair in love and war. But what happens when you find 'love' and 'war' in the same person?

Jeon Jeongguk is the CEO of the rising company, BE cosmetics and has the goal to reach the top, where the biggest cosmetic company in Korea- Wings sits. In Jeongguk's eyes - Yoon Minhee, the new CEO of Wings is nothing but someone born with a silver spoon. For Minhee, Jeongguk is a hindrance to reaching her goals. What happens when the two rivals find themselves in an awkward and strange position after they are forced to work together?

.

"Are you perhaps ignoring me, Mr Jeon?" Minhee presses on for a response, "So rude of you, Mr Jeon. You know you can't really ignore me forever, right?"

Jeongguk sighs, glancing around the room. He knows their exchange is not really a pleasant sight. "That's very unfortunate, indeed. I must have killed a country in my last life to have met with such fate,"

.

This story has gone through a lot of changes from the original version I had posted on Instagram. Also, it heavily revolves around the beauty and cosmetic industry. Even though I have tried my best in doing the research, I am no expert and hence excuse any incorrect/incomplete information. During my research, a lot of inspiration has come from k-dramas like Beauty Inside, She would never know and Touch. Any resemblance in scenes is purely coincidental.

and the biggest thank you (will that be even enough!?) to mr_mrcd !! you are seriously like the co-author of the book

and the biggest thank you (will that be even enough!?) to mr_mrcd !! you are seriously like the co-author of the book. oh god, what would I have done without you! you are always ready to discuss literally anything, open to listening to all new ideas- good, bad or silly- you have been the only source of inspiration and motivation throughout this series! i can write more, but i will save it for the end of the book but seriously, i love you <3