01 | Click, thump

─── ·𖥸· ───

─── ·𖥸· ───

"Where do you see BE in the next five years?"

If you told a twenty-year-old Jeongguk that one of the biggest global fashion magazines wants to interview him, he would have laughed his ass off until tears pooled in his eyes. But a twenty-five-year-old Jeongguk? It's a different story.

Jeon Jeongguk is perfectly suited for the occasion, a black blazer and striped necktie. When he rests one of his legs over the other, his pants lift up to only twenty-three percent which is enough for his socks to be seen with no hint of his skin.

His hair isn't blocking his eyesight despite the table fan beside him and he mentally notes to give a bonus to his hairdresser for that. Everything is perfect so far and with a relaxed smile, he parts his lips to answer when he hears the familiar click of heels against the floor.

His smile instantly drops, his shoulders tensing as he turns his head towards the obnoxious footsteps. He leans forward, the sofa feeling too uncomfortable all of a sudden. He can feel his heart thumping in phase with the click of the heels.

Click. Thump. Click. Thump.

Then it stills. Jeongguk's slumps back on the sofa, turning towards the interviewer, "Sorry, let's continue,"

"Continue your success story, Jeon?"

What the fuck.

"Don't forget to give me credit too,"

With a lop-sided smile, hands in pockets, body slumping lazily on one leg and a contrasting amusement on her face, Yoon Minhee stands at the door of the room and Jeon Jeongguk checks all of the boxes from 'possible reasons why I find Yoon Minhee obnoxious'. Her almond eyes are giving him a pointed look and Jeongguk feels like poking them.

He sighs, gesturing to his secretary to deal with the interviewer. He is sure if he tries to continue while ignoring the curly-haired woman, the interviewer would end up resigning from his job.

"Don't you agree, Mr Lee?" She tilts her head to look at one of her company's factory managers and smiles bitterly. "After all, a good opponent brings out the best in you."

Manager Lee jumps, startled for being caught off-guard practising his golf gestures out of boredom.

"Glad we agree on something," Minhee says and looks back at Jeongguk. Jeongguk's secretary whispers something in his ear to which Jeongguk nods and takes the tab from his hand.

"Are you perhaps ignoring me, Mr Jeon?" Minhee presses on for a response, "So rude of you, Mr Jeon. You know you can't really ignore me forever, right?"

Jeongguk sighs, glancing around the room. He is a little relieved that he had asked the interviewer to arrange a different room so that the others don't find it an inconvenience, otherwise, he would have had the whole BU building witnessing their exchange. And it's not really a pleasant sight.