13 | Warmth in that ice cream

─── ·𖥸· ───

─── ·𖥸· ───

The issue with experiencing or doing something unusual is the unpredictability of consequences.

You don't know what that unusual will bring into your life and hence people fear taking risks. Jeongguk is a reckless risk-taker and the unusual in his life is Minhee. The catch: the moment Jeongguk thinks Minhee is unpredictable, the following actions are something he could have thought of if only he wasn't blinded by the mask of seeing the world with kindness.

"I am going to kill her." the managing director announces. Jeongguk sighs, stopping him.

"It isn't really her fault, Mr Jeong."

"What do you mean it wasn't her fault? Can't you see she did this on purpose?" Mr Jeong points towards Jeongguk, nostrils flaring and legs refusing to stay still. "You are allergic to peanuts and she made you eat an ice cream with crushed peanuts so you don't even get to know."

"It will be fine in two days."

"But we have to give the pictorial within three days." Mr Jeong groans. He crouches in front of Jeongguk, making Jeongguk shrink back on the chair. "CEO Jeon. I have never questioned your decisions, but must you date her? From what I can see, she is just trying to sabotage—"

"Enough, Mr Jeong," Jeongguk says, tone heavy and authoritative. The managing director loses his balance, taken aback by the CEO's change of tone and falls butt-down on the floor. "What I do in my personal life is totally up to me. Please be careful when you choose to speak about it, especially about someone you don't know about."

Jeongguk stands up and walks out of the conference room, leaving the managing director alone in the room. It's early in the morning, way before the office even opens because the consequence of the unpredictable has happened.

"Should we visit the dermatologist?" Secretary Kim says, inspecting Jeongguk's face. "That's a lot of inflammation for an ice cream that only has 14% crushed peanuts in it... did you eat something or do something else to increase this?"

Jeongguk shakes his head. "I just went home after that, did some work and slept after a shower. When I woke up due to itching all over and saw myself in the mirror, I called you up. How far can we push the deadline?" Jeongguk asks, hissing when his skin itches.

"We can't, they clearly stated they need it on time."

"Let's visit the dermatologist then, I will get some steroids to settle these down," Jeongguk says, standing up. The older man pulls him back, "No, no steroids. Your skin will become more sensitive, it will be awful."

"But this would affect the pictorial."

"We aren't getting the pictorial done on the cost of your health and skin, Jeongguk." Secretary Kim says. Jeongguk parts his lips and presses them back again, unsure of how to react.