19 | Result Day

─── ·𖥸· ───

─── ·𖥸· ───

When morning comes, Jeongguk flies back to Seoul. Secretary Kim insists he stops by his house first, get some proper rest and then continue his day's work at the office but then Jeongguk reminds him, "It's result day."

"Result? Like for the TOEIC?"

Jeongguk wonders if Secretary Kim would ever be capable of having an on-point conversation with him. What if he pays him, it should be possible, right?

"You gave TOEIC again...is it because you failed twice—"

"Magazine." Jeongguk interjects, "Persona releases their biannual edition today."

The older man nods, unfazed. "I still think you should give TOEIC again."

Jeongguk glares, walking inside BE while greeting people on his way. Unlike what he expected, he isn't nervous. And that very thought scares him, ironically, wondering why he can not feel his stomach-churning, the distaste of food, the agitation with Secretary Kim's boot against the floor, his head throb and whatever he usually feels when he is at the edge.

"If we win this, then we are probably raising our rank by two or three places." Secretary Kim says, pushing his glasses up. "Not sure if we'll be able to push ON down from fourth yet though, their skincare line did really well."

"They didn't expand their subsidiaries internationally yet, did they?" Jeongguk asks.

Secretary Kim shakes his head, "We only have three brands that have international subsidiaries or is a subsidiary itself of an international brand. Usually, they don't do well here and neither does the local brand do well outside, but we have Miranda as an exception. They have held the market quite well."

Jeongguk nods, impressed.

Soon Mr Jeong comes by the office with a glass ball in his hand, coos about Jeongguk's skin looking like clear honey and goes on about how the new interns irritate him. He tells them how he went to a professor of witchcraft and how she told him to carry a glass ball around for good luck.

Secretary Kim finds himself laughing and clapping on that, saying, "Mr Jeong, have you been watching Harry Potter with your son?"

The latter insists on it being a good luck charm, after correcting the man that his son is married and he watched Harry Potter with his three-year-old grandchild. Jeongguk glances at his watch, three minutes before they receive the mail. He has the oddest urge to eat something sweet, then the next moment he gags at the thought of eating anything but when Mr Jeong asks him if he is nervous, he says.

"I'm not."

Then, Secretary Kim peeks at the bin behind his desk, "Then explain why there are five Cadbury wrappers in there."

...

Daegu's trip brings Minhee to realise how badly she needs to see Taehyung on Persona's cover.