30 days of fluff: work romance

Start from the beginning

Scott jumps, startled. "Uh, I'm just nervous." He says. "Haven't performed since the summer."

Mark nods. "What's the worst that could happen?"

"I forget the words," Scott starts, "I trip over a wire, someone comes onstage again-"

"Let me stop you right there," Mark says. "No one is gonna make it onstage."

Scott smiles. "Thanks for being here."

Mark nods in response, and then it's time for Scott to go onstage.

"Oh gosh," he says. "Here I go."

A few minutes later he's onstage. "How's everyone doing tonight?" He asks, and the crowd cheers.

"I have a few songs I'm gonna sing for y'all tonight, how's that sound?"

The crowd cheers even louder. "Let's get started!" Scott says, and the band kicks in behind him.

A few songs pass, and Mark is in awe. "He's so different when he's performing," he says.

Mitch nods in agreement. "I'll never know how he does it," he says.

About two hours later, Scott is offstage, a smile on his face. He hands his microphone to the sound person, giving her a quiet "Thank you!" before heading to his dressing room.

"And just like that, he's quiet again," Mark says. "Unbelievable."

"Every time," Mitch says. "It's like he's two different people, I swear."

About 30 minutes pass and Mark is leading Scott to the bus. There are screaming fans all around them.

Once they're on the bus, Scott sighs, relieved. "Mark?" He asks.

"Hm?"

"I just wanted to say I felt really safe with you here today. Thank you."

Mark smiles. "Happy to help."

-

Weeks pass, and Scott loves having Mark around. He's never felt so confident on tour before.

Mark loves touring with Scott and his crew. He's toured with a few celebrities, but Scott is by far his favorite.

-

2 months later

"Mark?" Scott asks. "Mark, wake up!"

Mark sits up quickly. "Hm?" He asks, blinking his eyes open.

"Happy Birthday!" The whole tour crew cheers, and Mark is startled.

"Oh, thank you, guys!" He says, once he realizes what's going on.

"I remember you said strawberries and cream cake is your favorite, so I made you one," Scott says. "I hope you like it," He sets it on the bedside table.

"Thanks, Scott. I really appreciate it," Mark says. "How did you all get in here? I only got one room key..."

"I may have lied about how many room keys they gave you," Mitch says. "Oops."

"Well, do you want to go get brunch, Mark?" Scott asks. "My treat. Thank you for always making me feel safe. Happy Birthday."

"Sure, that sounds really nice."

An hour later, Scott and Mark are eating at iHOP.

"What's your favorite thing about touring?" Mark asks.

Scott thinks for a moment. "I guess I like seeing my fans," he blushes. "They mean so much to me."

Mark nods. "I can totally see that." He says.