❁Hypocrisy❁

*THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES SENSITIVE TOPICS LIKE SEX, RAPE, PROSTITUTION*

Hello there people! Nowadays I was updating this book regularly, but I took a gap because mom was away to her hometown for a long time which means no serial goes on in the TV. Now that she is back, my rants are back with her lol.

So this whole chapter will be dedicated to today's episode of the one and only Kumkum Bhagya. 

Here is a little back story before I tell you about today's episode. (Please don't ask question about how and why because logics doesn't apply in Hindi serials)

Prachi is now the protagonist of this serial currently while her sister, Rhea is the villain. And just like any other basic serial, the guy, Ranvir is married to both the girls. And somehow the guy is also protagonist aka innocent. But there is some sort of challenge going on and Prachi challenges him to go to honeymoon with Rhea and surprise! He accepts the challenge and goes to honeymoon with Rhea. After they go, Prachi has to stop anything happening between them so she take some steps to intervene between them. First way was she punctured their car or something, and they had to get down in some rural area but finds a hotel and their hotel has a special honeymoon suite decorated, what a coincident! 

So that was the back story, now here goes my rant about hypocrisy from today's episode. There's not just one but so many so I thought of just writing it down. 

As Rhea was so full of glee for finding the hotel room with honeymoon suite, she boasts about it to Prachi and Prachi needs to create something in between them now. So she calls police on them for practicing prostitute. 

Just imagine if the tables were turned and it was Prachi on honeymoon while Rhea called police on them for prostitution. This exact move would be considered vicious and cheap. But as it was done by Prachi, it was something brave and courageous. The problem doesn't end here (obviously!)

The police comes and talks to Rhea rudely and accuse her of prostitution without any proof and says this hotel was used for such purposes. Well, from the way the police was saying as if he had the proof of the prostitution, would aggravate any sane person, but Rhea acting aggressive towards the police was portrayed villainous move. Well, to make her look vicious she throws water on the police's face.

Normal people would of course not take that step, but serial makers look like raising their voice and shouting at someone is a villainous thing to do. Getting their anger out of control and hurting someone is one thing, but portraying their emotion this way is a basic human nature. I repeat, 

BASIC FUCKING HUMAN NATURE! 

Also this one is a controversial topic and I'm sure people will have different opinion but: IF THEY ARE HAVING SEX WITH THEIR OWN CONSENT THEN IT'S NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS IF THEY ARE MARRIED OR NOT!!!

I don't get the point of making prostitution illegal. The only thing that should be illegal is the girls who are thrown into this industry against their will. They are selling their body, putting their dignity on stake to earn money. What if they are willingly doing it? The guy is paying for it, and not raping the girl against her will, it was a consensual sex between two grown adults. 

Police intervening for concern of the woman if they are being pushed into this industry is one thing, but arresting them for prostitution is something entirely different. And not just prostitution, it could be a couple but not married yet. They can get hotel room to meet up and have some intimate moment for themselves and that too is none of others business. And in this scene, in the police station, the police asks Rhea "how much did he pay for it?" while completely assuming and making comments that she is a prostitute. How fucked up is that!? 

And while all this is going on, Ranvir is in some corner being proud of the girl he is oh so in love - Prachi. Yes, BEING PROUD AND HAPPY ABOUT THE WHOLE SITUATION!!!

You do realize, if Rhea was being accused of prostitution, you are the client of a prostitution? Or the customer is not given any backlash in the whole situation when they're just as much as involved as the girls in the business? Strange. 

Well, not really. It's always the women blamed. Prostitution? Blame the women and take that away from her. As for men? Oh he'll just find another girl to pay. 

Anyway, let this part stop because I can just go on and on about these for like hundreds chapters. What do you think about prostitution being illegal? Every thoughts are welcome, I always enjoy reading other's way of processing things which is different. 

Now coming back to the serial rant, Ranvir is being proud and happy for Prachi taking this step. She involved police in some fake accusation. Isn't that what Rhea did exactly few episodes back? Rhea and other girl dressed up as tax officer and raiding their own house to find something in Rhea's room. So Rhea calls police on them and Ranvir goes to police station to give them bail. 

And he gives a long lecture to entire family member about how it was wrong. At that time he says something along the line: "how can you just send our family member to police custody? why didn't you think about the family image in the society?" 

I know this statement itself is very problematic, it is as if people from wealthy and well known family shouldn't be arrested. But my point is, where did that philosophy go now? Rhea is now dealing with police for fake accusation, and you're happy? I know you don't have feelings for Rhea but then, she is somehow part of the family, but when same thing happens to Rhea, family image doesn't go down, right?

So getting someone from family sent to police station for fake accusation of prostitution is something to be happy about about while while getting someone from family sent to police station for fake accusation of stealing makes him absolutely furious. Do you even realize which one has more degrading in society impact? 

This guy needs to sort out his priority straight. Ugh! RIP logic. 

Well, I was going to end the chapter here... But I was going through google to search something about this Kumkum Bhagya, and I came across this article about Naina Singh. Naina Singh is an actress, she used to play Rhea, the evil sister before she quit and was replaced by Pooja Banerjee. She has stated that the reason she quit was because she couldn't get into the character of the villain girl who was evil without any solid background. 

I had mentioned about actors in other chapters asking what are they doing? But I take my words back as I realized my rant and criticism must be towards the writers only. The actors who think the serial characters are senseless, looks like they just quit that character altogether and I have huge respect for them now. 

If you want to read more about this situation in detail, I will just put comment on this paragraph to the link. It also states that she got some better offer and all power to her and her future career! 

So finally this chapters ends here. See you in the next chapter!