|Marry Me|

•Tahani Lowars•
"Hani"

"You gone be a crybaby just like ya mama, you hear me? Just like ya mama." Taj talks softly in a hushed tone into Poseidon's ear as he holds him. Pose sleeping softly against his chest. Small tears from him just crying seconds ago still on his chubby cheeks. "I know it's all her fault though. Mama did it."

I frown. "No mama didn't," I argue jokingly. "I just wanted to change and feed him."

"He probably would've liked the outfit I wanted him to wear better." He says.

I fight the urge not to laugh. "He's a newborn Taj he doesn't care what outfit it is he just didn't want to be changed."

Pose is currently wearing a baby blue onesie, with mittens on his hands so he won't scratch his face, wrapped in his blue baby blanket and he did have on a hat but when he started crying it came off so now his head full of hair is exposed.

I watched Taj be in daddy mode and couldn't help but smile at that. I've been around people with kids and I'd see how quick they are to pass the baby back to the other parent. But Taj loves holding Pose, shit most of the time I have to ask for him back. He stay spoiling him and picking him up. I keep trynna tell him that the more he picks him up like that the harder it'll be to get him to sleep by himself but he doesn't wanna listen.

"I can't believe he came outta you, shit I can't believe he came outta my balls." He speaks aloud.

I shake my head at him smirking. "Yeah you can tell he got ya whole face." I mention sounding kind of butthurt.

Taj comes over gently sitting down on the couch beside me. He leans over pecking me on the lips. "Aww you jealous? Don't worry, with our next baby he or she might have ya face."

My eyes damn near pop out of my head. "Next baby?"

"Yes next baby," he repeats. He placed one of his hands over Pose's exposed ear so he won't hear him speak nasty. "You packin' too much inna cat for me to not put another baby in you. Besides you know your who I wanna have all my kids with."

I smile for a second. "I want Pose to experience what it's like to have the benefits of being an only child for a while though. Besides I don't want no more kids till...you know."

Taj nods. "Yeah I do know. I brought it up yesterday and you went hush mode remember?"

I repeat what he did earlier placing my hand over my baby's ear. "Because you said it while we were in the middle of sex, remember?"

He chuckles at that removing my hand. "So if I brung it up another time you would've had a different reaction?" He questions.

I sigh trying to gather my words so that they come out right. "We're parents now Taj..."

"I know Hani."

"I'm just saying we spent years not being able to get it right, and now? We have a baby together. I don't want to be one of those parents who force a relationship for a kid. I actually love you and I know you love me, I want us to be a family like we are now. I just don't want things to be messed up again, I wanna do it the right way."

Instead of responding with something brushing off what I said or being upset he just nodded completely agreeing with me. "I understand baby, I wanna do it the right way too," he pauses. "Issac and Naomi been trynna see Pose. I know you have mommy jitters but they done raised two kids already and they family, you know he safe with them. How about we have this weekend all to ourselves? Just me and you?"