|Honesty Set Me Free|

Tahani Lowars•
"Hani"

"What?" A pretty laugh leaves my lips as I glance over at Mulo who keeps staring at me.

"What I can't look at you now?" He questions.

"You can but not all hard and shit." The both of us laugh as we look around the restaurant. Once are flight landed we decided to get something to eat.

"Was Naomi acting weird about you leaving?" He asks me causing my smile to fall.

If I was talking to Taj I probably would've told him the truth. But for some reason it was like my throat closed up the moment he asked me that. "Why'd you say that?" I question raising an eyebrow.

He licks his lips shaking his head. "You're the princess of the Lowars family."

I roll my eyes hating when he says things like that.

"I'm nobody's princess."

After we ate and what not we paid for our food and there was supposed to be a car waiting outside to pick us up and take us to a resort house at the top of the Island. But coincidentally it never came and it was never outside. And it just so happened to be raining heavily.

I sigh running a hand down my face trying to cover it from the rain that keeps hitting me harder and harder. "Fuck," he cusses saying what I'm already thinking. "We gone have to walk."

"Walk?" I question. See now I'm not saying I'm lazy or anything. But I'm not that exercising type who want to walk all the way through the mud and rain and no telling what type of exotic animals here.

"Well what other option we got?" Mulo questions raising his voice slightly.

I let it slide knowing that we're both probably irritated at the moment. I put on my grown woman panties and toughen up following him into the mud, trees and harder rain. Walking for God knows how long, my feet soaked and the rain & mud getting through my shoes. My hair clinging to my shoulders and neck a huge mess all over my head. His entire outfit like mine drenched in rain. My thighs, feet, and ankles aching with every step I take.

"This some bullshit." I complain for the hundredth time.

He glances over at me with a mug. Well what I think is a mug. My eyes are so blurry from the rain drops on my lashes I can hardly tell. "What's some bullshit Tahani?" His voice sounds tired and aggravated.

"The fact that you managed to fuck it up. Did you not give the driver the right time or something?" I put the blame on him.

He pauses where he's at and I look around us. The moonlight above us and rain hailing down. Trees surrounding us and the sound of all different types of creatures. "Are you dead ass right now? You trynna blame me for this shit? Seriously?"

"Who else is there to blame? You set up the trip! Not me. You did!" I argue.

"I'm not about to do this shit with you Tahani." He attempts to walk away.

But I just couldn't stop the words from leaving my lips. "He would've gotten it right." I can't lie the words left my lips so easily. It's like I was waiting to say it. Even at dinner I was thinking of how things would've been if Taj was there. Which led to an awkward silence. It was a lot of tension which is probably why emotions are high right now and so is the irritation in the air. I know that mistakes do happen but for some reason it seemed as if Taj didn't make mistakes like this. He would've made sure we had a way to that resort house. And he would've definitely made sure that way was not walking to it. Fuck a last option, walking wouldn't of ever been an option with Taj.