|Broken Up|

3 Months Laters

•Tahani Lowars•
"Hani"

I sat in the spa rubbing my eight month old stomach as I got a pedicure. My aunt sat beside me scrolling through her phone while I did the same. I scroll down instagram reading the first post that show up.

TruToTheGame:

I always do ma part when it comes to who I fw so if shit hit the fan it's not my fault

I frown as I read his post going through the comments I see lil instagram hoes in the comment section with hundred emojis. "He making posts again auntie." I speak aloud.

She glances over at me shaking her head. "He need to realize all that's doing is having people in y'all business."

I nod. "That's exactly what he want though. You know when he come to the doctor with me he barely talks? He asks the doctor about the baby then after the ultrasound he just leaves." I mention.

Naomi stares at me with sympathy in her eyes. "Y'all too grown for all these games. You too Tahani, the both of y'all need to fix this."

Throughout my pregnancy and the last three months so much has changed. Torin kept his promise and moved out of my house, I guess he got himself an apartment or whatever. He sent me a dry but simple text telling me that it was handled. When I asked Naomi what he meant she said that Issac and Torin went on a run and killed the girl and the dude who were after me. That they shot them up so badly that there's no chance they could've survived. A couple days later a man who works for a security system company showed up, already paid for saying a man paid him to install cameras, the alarm system and give me a password. After talking to Issac he told me that Torin paid the man to do it. I appreciated that, I mean it's the least he can do since he left his pregnant ex girlfriend all alone in a house after we were shot at. Even then our situation is confusing, the stuff I find out I either find out from social media or my aunt and uncle.

"It just feels like I'm going through this pregnancy alone now." I stress rubbing my temple trying to calm down.

"You are." Naomi says not even bothering to lie to me. She sees how she sounds and quickly reaches over holding my hand. "But not all the way alone okay? You got me and your uncle and we always here. And Taj still here too whether y'all together or not."

I purse my lips together. "It doesn't seem like it. I mean yeah he coming the appointments but he's not around auntie. He used to do this cute thing," I pause trying to gather my words. "He used to rub my belly, talk to Poseidon, when I'd have crazy cravings he'd rush to the store to go get what I wanted. When we'd fall asleep he'd hold me. Now that's all gone. I mean yeah he's here but sometimes it feels like he's not even here at all. It feels like I'm by myself in this." I admit aloud for the first time.

My aunt nods continuing to listen as I rant. "I know I'm strong. And I know I said that I can handle me and my son being on our own, I talked big shit auntie. And that's probably why he moved away. But just like he said he ain't perfect I'm not either. I was scared, because he don't know how to open his mouth and tell me what's going on we could've lost the baby."

"Issac said he took you not telling him about Jesse and that baby to the heart. They been lookin' for her for some time now."

I laugh at that. "And what they just gone co-parent and pretend like they don't both know that her ass tried to have him killed? That she set him up? Com'on now auntie that's some bullshit and you know it." My cussing causes the woman that's doing my feet to look up at me but stay silent.

I didn't care much about running my mouth in front of her because best believe they all know who my aunt is. They wouldn't run their mouth because 10/10 they fear what my family would do to them about that.