|Fill In The Blanks|

Tahani Lowars•
"Hani"

I'd awaken not remembering majority of my life. I remember half of most things. Like if I remember one thing something that goes along with that is a blur. I can recall my parents, I can recall the facts of what school has taught me. I remember my aunt and my uncle, I remember the priest at my church, I remember my grandparents. But there are other things I don't remember.

For example I don't remember that she has a son who I met this summer, I don't remember meeting anyone this summer, don't remember spending it with my aunt, don't remember why my parents aren't currently around. Basically the past eight months are a blur.

I was told that I was in an accident and that when the car flipped over the impact had hit my head multiple times. The concussion leaving me with Temporary Post- Traumatic Amnesia. That's basically a state of confusion where you lose memory after a traumatic brain injury. And that's exactly what I'm experiencing. Moments ago I'd met my aunts husband. I knew I couldn't remember him because I did not recall that he's white. I also didn't recall that my aunt is even married. That's the thing is that I remember most of the things before eight months ago but some things I don't really remember. It's like my thoughts a jumbled.

My doctor says that this could be a permanent thing or this could be temporary. Her told my aunt and uncle he thinks it'd be best if I didn't know too much information about the accident though.

Words can't describe how I feel in this moment. It's like I'm so afraid. My entire body is aching, I'm so tired, I'm confused. I don't understand how I could go from being around my parents and Alexia to in a hospital room surrounded by family I hardly speak to.

"Who is this boy?" I ask my aunt. His chest stops moving and it's as if his breathing halted.

He's a very handsome boy, he looks to be somewhere around my age. If not a year or two older. His skin is a honey complexion, his lips are plump, his skin is smooth, he has small little hairs at the bottom of his chin, a tattoo on the side of his neck that I can't really make out, he's skinny but built with some muscle fat, he's wearing a black sweatshirt and some black swear shorts. The one thing that stuck out the most to me is his eyes. He has these mesmerizing grey eyes. They pull me in almost hypnotizing me. What catches my attention the most about them is how they stare at me. It's like he's staring into my soul. He looks so broken and tired it's like my words had broke his heart. Just by looking at him I wonder if he knows me. Only someone who has met me before would stare at me like that.

I can't help but feel sympathy towards him as he shakes his head. A small tear sliding down his cheek. "Taj." My aunt says with worry on her face.

He just avoids my eyes turning around he pushes them aside leaving out of the room. I wondered what it could be that would make him so hurt like that.

•Torin Truman•
"Taj"

When I make it outside I feel damn near sick to my stomach. I hold onto the wall trying to keep my balance. Hoping and praying that this is some type of joke. That she didn't actually forget me.

I feel Issac's hand on my shoulder and I turn around to look at him. "What the fuck is wrong with her? What happened?" I ask.

He sighs running a hand down her face. "I just got into it with Nay over the shit. Her and Seven been fucking with eachother and somehow someway they got into a accident yesterday. She's messed up bad T, I mean she got all types of injuries on top of that she can't remember shit from the past eight months."

I laugh shaking my head. "You're lying," I motion to him. "This some next level movie shit. Quit playing with me Issac."

He stares at me with a serious expression. "She doesn't remember shit. She doesn't remember what happened to her, doesn't remember what that nigga did to her, doesn't remember OD'ing, doesn't remember rehab. She doesn't even remember that she stayed with us for the summer." He lists off.