|How TF|

Tahani Lowars•
"Hani"

I let out a sigh for the hundredth time. Monroe on my bed beside me and we both stare up at the ceiling. Bad Girls Club a show she loves playing on the television and rain drops hitting my bedroom windows as it pours down.

"My brother misses you ya know." Monroe states sitting up.

I sit up also a pout on my lips. "No he doesn't. Not when he has Hazel."

"It's not the same I guess. Hazel and him haven't been right for a while." She admits.

"If he misses me so much why hasn't he texted me back?"

"He's following your uncles orders." She reminds me.

I can't lie I'm a little in my emotions about things.It's been two weeks since everything happened. We haven't texted or spoken on the phone. I've texted him but haven't gotten a reply. I miss talking to him so much. More than I've ever enjoyed talking to anyone. Not only that but since everything happened I've been having nightmares. Of myself being killed or him being killed. And I just want to talk to him about it but he won't text me back. Then it's like when I come over her makes sure he's not there, or when he comes over he makes sure it's when I'm over his house with Monroe. We never cross paths anymore.

"But that's not what I want." I explain.

She eyes me curiously. "Well what do you want? You like my brother?"

I shake my head hesitantly. "No we're just friends. I know things got crazy but he's definitely sorry and he was willing to die for me." I defend. She nods in agreement.

"Look I know you both say you're just friends but anybody who looks at y'all can see something more than that. I just recommend you follow Issac's orders too. My brother cares about you but he's also dangerous." She warns me.

Part of me didn't want to hear that since she's basically telling me the same thing my aunt keeps telling me. I stand up excusing myself telling her I'd be right back. I head downstairs to get something to drink just to hear my aunt and uncle mid conversation. "I just don't want to leave her here all by herself. I know her J I mean I used to be here. Remember the first time I saw someone get shot? She won't admit it but I know she's scared shitless right now." My aunt stresses.

I press my ear to the kitchen door trying to get a good listen on what they're saying. "Baby I know I don't want to leave her here too but they set this meeting up and you know the company executives can't handle it like we do." He reminds her.

She's quiet for a second. "....I don't know J, I mean you saw the look they gave eachother. They damn near had that look we have and had at their age. We leave her here and his hardheaded ass gone be trying to come see her."

"Nah," Issac defends him. "He won't because we have an understanding."

"Well regardless I still don't want to leave Tahani here after what happened. I'm really worried about her."

"Me too."

Torin Truman•
"Taj"

"What's wrong? You been quiet all day." Hazel mentions while leaning in close to me.

I look around her house that always appears to be empty. "Nothing in all good." I lie.

Truth is I've been real in my head lately than usual. I try so hard to protect the people I care about. If I'm not worried about keeping the lights on then I'm worrying about working with Issac. Then on top of that I have to worry about Hazel and everything she's going through. It's all making my head hurt it's like I have everybody's lives placed on my back. But with Tahani I was really scared. More scared than I've ever been in my life. I'd never admit it aloud but watching that gun be placed on her was the scariest experience I've ever head. And it wasn't because I knew that if I lived passed her dying Issac would kill me. No it's because I didn't want her to die, my heart literally started beating out of my chest and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I didn't want to kill that man in front of her but I had to since I knew it was the only way she'd live.