|Missing My Family Like Crazy|

Torin Truman•
"Taj"

I lean over moving her curls out her face thinking of how beautiful she looks with the son shining down on her. "I don't know about this." She mumbles unsure.

I sigh. "I know you and my family don't have the best history but I want you to be here. You're apart of my life so they'll just have to deal with it." The sound of little kids running outside having fun draws our attention away for a second.

Tahani leans over pecking me on the lips. "Fine I'll do it. For you."

I invited Tahani to come with me to my nieces 1st birthday party. Though I know it's not the best idea and my family and her don't have the best track record. And that's a hundred percent because of them. I still want us to get away from everything that has anything to do with shit that reminds us of anything bad. Family usually is an outlet for things like that but Naomi & Tahani not speaking and she hasn't been around them since we've been back together. Then there's all that shit with Suhdel, truth is since she got shot and I dropped them off at the hospital I haven't seen them since. I'm happy about that but also don't know if they got something up their sleeves. Real soon I'm gone have to call Issac and send out a hit on them. I'm not to sure I even want to let my guard down and believe that me helping Suhdel out fixed things. I've learned that I can't trust a man to hold his word. And yeah Creo owes me but I don't know that nigga from a can of paint. He could always change his mind.

I love Tahani with everything in me and I know we promised to always be honest with eachother from now on but part of me is keeping shit that went down with Suhdel from her right now. Me and Tahani been through so much and I just don't want anything negative affecting us now that we're back together. Might come back to bite me in the ass later but eh. I'm hoping it won't though.

Once we step out the car I take her hand leading her towards Monroe's house.

"Me and your mom never had the best track record." She reminds me as I place my hand on the small of her back guiding us towards the porch. "I'm not a kid no more Taj. If anybody step out of line I'm gone defend myself. I know they ya family but they can't just be talking to me any kind of way."

I nod in agreement. "I know Hani quit stressing. I gotchu," I reassure her. "I ain't letting nobody come at you crazy." I admire her momentarily and how fine she is. It's something so beautiful about her and I know that I'm deeply in love with her. Which is why I'm hoping that this time around her being around my family won't go left.

"Is that my son? Oh my God!" My mom exclaims as soon as I make it inside. Rushing towards me she damn near pushes Tahani out the way to give me a hug.

I hug her back letting out a awkward laugh as all of my family stands up except for Monroe who is sitting on the couch holding my niece. "I thought you was dead." My moms whispers.

My laugh dies down and I give her a confused expression. "Why would I be dead? I told you I was going to see Tahani." I remind her.

My mom pulls away frowning. "Oh," she glances over at Tahani side eyeing her. "Wouldn't be the first time she stole my son away from us. Least this time he ain't laid up in some hospital."

"Ma stop." I brush her aside grabbing Tahani by the hand watching a stank face fill my moms face. "I wanted her to meet the family. We brought a gift for Hazel." I motion to my niece. I hated that she named her after Hazel but Mon was set on the name and it's her daughter so I accepted it.

I watch my family stare at Tahani with disapproving glares. I felt bad because I can tell that my mom and Monroe been running they mouth to the entire family. I should've known better than to bring her here. Now we both gone have to deal with this awkward ass shit. I just figured that she ain't got much family and maybe if my family accepted her things would be better. Now that I'm here maybe I was wrong.