|A Real Friend Would Never|

•Torin Truman•
"Taj"

"Bro I told you I don't care name ya baby whatever you want." I tell my little sister. Currently laying down in my rooms king size bed trying to go to sleep but she keeps blowing me up.

"You say that but you sound like you have an issue with it. I'd thought you'd be happy. You and Hazel were close. Well were before Tahani came around."

"I really ain't in the mood to talk about this shit Mon." I warn her feeling myself getting agitated.

"I'm just saying you're acting like you wasn't close with-"

"Why the fuck would you want to name ya baby after her ass? Like seriously. Hazel was fighting demons, damn near crazy and life was falling apart. Let's not forget the fact that she killed herself too. Why in the fuck do you think naming your child after her is a good idea? You trynna fuck her life up too?" Before I can stop myself I'm snapping on her. Though I meant every word I regret saying it to her.

Suddenly I hear sniffling coming from the other end. "Mon...Com'on I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell at you." I apologize.

"It's fine I just wanted my baby's uncle to help pick out her name with me but I guess I'll do it alone." She sobs then I hear the line click.

I stand up from the bed walking towards the door making sure to grab my pre rolled blunt & my lighter on the way out. I open it making my way down stairs. It's not that I hate Hazel for what she did. I love Hazel and it hurt me bad when I found her dead. I just hate the fact that Monroe is considering naming her baby after her. Regardless of how much I loved Hazel and how close we were I can still admit she was fucked up. Who wants to jinx their damn child like that by naming her after someone who had a horrible life? That's just something you don't do.

When I make it towards the huge living room that holds a large couch, a big ass flat screen mounted onto the wall in front of it and up under that a fireplace. The wall interior all polished smooth wood and nicely decorated. "Fuck fuck! I'm gonna die! Shit oh shit!" I hear her squeal.

A smile forms on my face as I look at her. She's currently wearing some sweat pants, and a black long sleeve shirt. Her hair is placed up on top of her head in a very large puff ball being held by a scrunchie. I never really saw her wear this style much but it looks good on her. Her hair has always been one thing that's never changed. She's never dyed it or cut it she's always kept it. Even when she changed as a person it didn't change. "You playing it wrong. You can't shoot your team." I try and explain to her.

I didn't have any idea how this trip was going to go and since I expected her to be a stranger I thought that just in case the stranger ended up being boring I would just chill and play my game so I brought that along with me and hooked it up.

She rolls her eyes biting down on her bottom lip concentration on her face. "I know I'm doing it on purpose. Those bitches wasn't helping me earlier." She complains causing me to laugh even harder.

I come over flopping down on the couch beside her. I grip the lighter flicking it and holding it down I light my blunt. I hit it a couple of times inhaling it I watch as she continuously loses. The most kills she has being like two or something and she's played multiple rounds. If I'm being honest back when I first met Hani I never smoked. It just wasn't for me. Then everything went down and I found Hazel dead, then Tahani left me. In that moment I needed comfort one that wasn't from family but one that was from her. I craved her touch and needed her to be there for me. Yeah I had family but believe it or not they didn't understand. Nobody could understand what it's like to find your closest friend laying in her own blood. Overdosed and wrists slit. That's a vivid image that I could never get out of my mind. And when Tahani up and left me like that it was like my heart was broken even more. So I threw myself into work and turned to smoking. Whenever I'd get the urge to talk about my emotions I'd start smoking, whenever I think of Hazel I start smoking, whenever I think of Tahani I start smoking. Basically it's became a habit of mine. Not one that I like but it helps keep the bad thoughts away. Work helped at first but soon it became a reminder of the things that happened. I know in some way I'm always going to care for her and be there for her. But in some ways I also can't forgive her for the day she left. I understand why she left me but something inside of me has always held a little bit of hurt and resentment about it. Not to mention she didn't just leave me once but twice. And pushed me away multiple times before that.