Chapter 28: POV Draco

He reached the Hospital Wing. Pansy had told him about what happened during the quidditch match. He felt bad that he wasn't there to run for Ariana and Blaise when they got hit. He felt grateful that Blaise risked his own safety to protect his girlfriend, when he wasn't even there. He just stood outside the door. He was trying to find the courage to face Ariana. Especially after what had happened the other day. He thought she wouldn't understand. Still though she would have every right to be upset with him, he thought. His behavior yesterday had completely crossed the line. He didin't even know in what kind of situation he would see you her and Blaise. He didn't know if you two were consious or not. He was scared. Scared that he wouldn't like what he was going to see. Finally he took a deep breath and slowly pushed the door open. There was silence. What he saw made his heart sink. Ariana was in Blaises arms. He was confused and wrecked at the sametime. He slowly closed the door and left without getting heard or noticed.

He walked slowly along the pitch black corridors. Tears were running down his cheeks. The picture of Ariana in Blaises arms was now etched to his mind. He tried to think rationally. He knew the hug was between two good friends but the energy that he got just by seeing them was something deeper than that. He tried to remain rational but in vain. His feelings were messed up. Jealousy had took over him. He felt betrayed by his own friend. But Blaise would never cross the line, he thought. He saw Ariana as his sister. But still he wondered, why Ariana was in his arms like that. He found it strange. He wasn't sure if it was just him finding this strange, or if it was indeed strange.

What if Ariana had reached her limits and couldn't deal with his mysterious behavior anymore. He knew deep down that him hiding a whole part of his life from Ariana and acting strange like that was affecting their relationship. He was getting further and further from her. Day by day, week by week, month by month. He knew that if he continued like this, the situation would get even worse. As he was going down to the dungeons it kept getting darker and darker. He went inside the common room and saw Pansy sitting on the couch, watching the fire.

-Hey can I talk to you? He asked.

-You want to talk? Well that's a surprise. You haven't done that in months. Pansy replied.

-I knew this was a bad idea.

-No no I was just joking. Tell me what's going on?

-Well I went to the Hospital Wing to see Ariana and Blaise.

-Yeah and? Is something wrong with them?

-Well I don't know. I wouldn't call it that way.

-So what happened and you're like that?

-I saw them hugging.

-You're joking right? Tell me now that you are jealous cause if you do I'm going to lose it.

-Are you making fun of me?

-No I'm just curious to see were you're going with this.

-I saw Ariana in Blaises arms.

-Yeah so what? Propably Blaise just told her to not feel responsible for him protecting her and risking his safety for her, she felt grateful and hugged him. What's weird about that Draco?

-Nothing. But I have a feeling that this hug wasn't friendly.

-Oh stop it. Isn't it enough that you have been hurting her and keeping secrects from her and all of us? Now you are going to tell me that she is cheating on you?

-That's not what I meant Pansy.

-Then what did you mean?

-I don't know maybe Blaise is closer to her than I am and she is starting to have feelings for him.

-Well at least he is treating her better than you are.

-Seriously Pansy?

-Just saying.

-Okay I know the way I am acting is not great but I can't lose Ariana. I love her.

-Then show her Draco. Because lately you have been leaving her out of your life. Us too. Your friends.

-I don't know what to do Pansy. Maybe it's time to put an end to this.

-What do you mean? Are you thinking of ending things with Ariana?

-I don't know. Maybe it's better. Maybe Blaise is better for her.

-Draco please don't do anything stupid. You love her and she loves you. This will only make things worse.

-I don't know Pansy. Maybe she doesn't feel the same anymore and she won't even get sad.

-How can you say that? She loves you, even though you have been keeping things from her and being distant. She takes every chance she can to get close to you.

-She does but what if she has had enough?

-Why don't you ask her yourself if you are so curious?

-I'm afraid I might not like the answer.

-Just talk to her and I'm sure everything will turn out fine. You are just thinking like that because jelousy took over you and I don't even know why.

-Yeah probably that's it. I will talk to her when she leaves the Hospital Wing.

-And don't do anything stupid.

-Don't worry, I won't.

A bit later he went to the dormitory. He lied on his bed and the picture of Ariana on Blaises arms, appeared again on his head. He knew that they are just really good friends, but that small chance of Ariana not wanting to deal with his lies anymore and Blaise bejng always closer with her, than he is, was making him wonder if Ariana wants to be with Blaise now. It was about time he talked to her. But still not telling her everything. He doesn't want her to be envolved with all this. The less she knew, the better for her. He loved her too much, to jeopardize her safety. He may hadn't showed her the last months that he loves her, but he genuinely did. He knew he had to first calm down and clear his mind before talking to Ariana. Otherwise his jealousy will ruin everything. If there was one thing he cared about, its was his relationship with Ariana. Ariana always was there for him and tried in any way she could to approach him, no matter how unapproachable and cold he was. He knew this had to stop. He couldn't do this anymore. No, not to Ariana. He decided to let his mind rest. He closed his eyes and thought of something thay truly made him happy, Ariana, hugging him. That was the memory he wanted to have in his head before he fell asleep.