Chapter 17: A Visit at the Hosmeade Village

You woke up the next day feeling tired. Your mind was a mess. You decided to forget about the whole situation with Draco and focus on your N.E.W.Ts. For the next weeks this was the only thing you cared about. You tried to avoid a bit Draco with the excuse of studying, which was not really an excuse since you were actually studying. You could hide from Draco but not from Blaise. He could really understand that you were trying to avoid him. He didn's say anything though, he wanted you to talk to him when you felt ready.

It was the first week of December and it was starting to get very cold. Everyone was wearing their scarfs and warm robes. One day you woke up and looked outside of the window. Everything was covered in snow. It was your favorite time of the year. Christmas was getting closer. As you were sitting on your bed you realised that your anniversary with Draco was approaching too. On Christmas Eve, it would be 2 years since you started dating. But instead of feeling happy and loved, you started tearing up because you weren't the same anymore, not with Draco being so mysterious. You quickly wiped off your tears as you heard someone walking in the dormitory.

-Goodmorning Ariana, how are you? Blaise asked and sat next to you.

-Goodmorning Blaise. I'm good, how about you? You asked in reply.

-I'm good too. Wanna get some breakfast and go outside to play with the snow?

-Uhm I'm not sure if I am in a mood.

-What's wrong? It though you and Draco talked about everything.

-Yeah we did, but well he didn't explain much. You said, not really looking at Blaise.

-I see you are not in a mood talking about it. Come on some hot chocolate and some snowball fight will cheer you up. And on Saturday we are going to Hogsmeade and I refuse to hear no as an answer.

-Hahaha fine Blaise.

Blaise hugged you and you headed to the Great Hall. Blaise was right, hot cocoa did cheer you up. As you were eating, Draco sat next to you and gave you a kiss.

-Come on Ariana lets go outside! Draco are you coming? Blaise asked.

-Er no, you go have fun and take care of my girl. I have a little something to do. Draco replied.

Your heart sunk. Blaise looked at you and grabbed your hand to go outside.

-Are you okay? Blaise asked.

-If I say yes, will you believe me?

-No, I'm not stupid. I know you too well.

You looked at the ground, you didn't feel just sad, but disappointed. As you were not paying attention, a snowball landed on your face.

-Come on lets have some fun Ariana! Blaise said loudly.

You laughed and threw one bigger snowball on his face. You were having so much fun throwing snowballs to eachother and pushing one another to the snow. The ground was icy so you were slipping and falling a lot. At some point Blaise fell down on his back and you tripped on his leg and fall on him. You just burst in laughters so it wouldn't feel awkward, since your face was inches away from his. You got up and went back inside as you were freezing cold. After you got changed you sat together at the common room and studied until the evening feast. After that you went to bed.

A few days went by but you never learned why Draco didn't join you that snowy day, you tried asking him but in vain. You couldn't understand what was more important than having fun with you. You were starting to get very suspicious. And you were about to get even more. It was Saturday and you could finally visit Hogsmeade village. You went with Blaise, since Draco wasn't coming and did a long stop at Honeydukes to buy some sweets. After a while of walks at the village you met Harry, Ron and Hermione. Blaise left you with them and returned to Hogwarts. Harry had the idea of going to the Three Broomsticks for a butterbeer. There you met professor Slughorn, who invited you, Harry and Hermione to a gather-together for selected students next Friday. You felt honored. As you were drinking your butterbeer you noticed something very strange.

-Guys isn't that Draco coming out of the restroom? You asked.

-Yeah that's him. Harry said.

-Why do you ask? Ron said.

-Well he said he wouldn't come to Hogsmeade. You replied.

-That's strange. Hermione said.

After you finished drinking, you left the Three Broomstiks. Two gryffindor girls were walking in front of you, also having left the Three Broomsticks. As you were talking you could hear the other girls saying things like "no Katie don't open it" "you don't know what is inside". You froze at what you saw. Katie was lifted up in the sky as if she was cursed. Screams were coming from her mouth. Then she landed with force on the ground. Hagrid was passing and had seen what happened. He picked up Katie on his arms and you all went back to the castle.

Professor Snape was examining the artefact from which Katie was cursed and professor Magonagall was questioning the other girl.

"As I said professor, Katie went to the restroom and when she came out, she was carrying this package saying that she had to deliver it to professor Dumbledore." The girl said and she was dismissed.

Then professor Magonagall turned to you. Harry though said something that really shocked you.

-I know Katie from Quidditch, she wouldn't hurt a fly. She was cursed. It was Malfoy.

You didn't know what to say. You wanted to deny this, but the facts were not helping you. You saw Draco leaving the restroom. And the other girl said that Katie left the restroom with the package.

-Mrs. Stones are you here? What are you thinking? Professor Snape asked.

-Oh nothing I'm just tired. You replied.

After this you were dismissed too. You sat a bit at the Great Hall and talked about what had just happened. Harry was insisting that it was Draco who cursed Katie. You didn't want to believe this though, Draco cursing Katie? But really intending to curse Dumbledore? This was starting to get dark. A bit later you returned to the slytherin common and found Blaise sitting on the couch. You sat next to him and started telling him about what happened at Hogsmeade after he left. As you were about to get to the part with Draco, you stopped as you saw Draco coming inside and joining you.

-So did you have fun at Hogsmeade? Draco asked.

-Yeah a lot. Ariana more than me since I left earlier. Blaise replied.

-Did you have fun babe? Draco asked you.

-Yes a lot. It was indeed great. Did you hear about Katie Bell? She was cursed. You said looking Draco straight in the eyes.

-Oh er I had no idea. How would I know... Wonder who did it... Draco said looking down.

-Yeah wonder who... You said.

A bit later you left them and went to bed. You just wanted to sleep and forget for a now all these.