Chapter 33: Choices

The next day you woke up, still holding Dracos hand. You had fallen asleep. As you took your hand away from Dracos to rub your eyes, you felt his grip getting stronger, as if he didn't want to let got off his hand. Then you looked at his face. His eyes were open. You were so happy that he woke up. You hugged him tighly, forgetting completely his wound.

-Ouch! Sorry darling but that kinda hurt. Draco said.

-I'm so sorry Draco, I'm just so glad that you're fine. You replied.

-I want to ask you something.

-Of course Dray.

-So after I got hit by Harrys spell, I wasn't completely unconsious. I mean I still could hear things. I heard something, but I might be mistaken.

-What is it?

-Did you curse Harry?

-Ugh maybe...

-Ariana, we may hate each other, but this was not okay. He is still your friend.

-Look I got angry and I blurred. I wasn't thinking straight. All I saw was Harry hiting you with a powerful spell that could have cost your life.

-I know, but now it could look like you chose sides. Harry is gonna tell Ron and Hermione and they may stop talking to you. This thing could have more impact than you think.

-I understand what you are saying, but Harry hit you with a spell.

-Yes but I raised my wand first. You didn't see that.

-You really have a tendency doing dump things.

-Yeah I know. You should go now though, you have classes to attend.

-But I wanna stay here with you to keep you company Draco.

-I will be fine sweetie, don't worry. How about you attend the classes and when you are done you can come here and we can study together. What do you say?

-I guess that's fine. You replied with a smile on your face.

You looked at Draco and kissed him. A bit later you left and went to the common room. As you entered you saw Blaise sittung by the fireplace.

-Were have you been? I haven't seen you since yesterday evening. I've been crazy worried. Blaise said.

-It's a long story and we have class later. You replied.

-We have potions in about an hour. We have plenty of time.

-Okay I'll tell you.

You started to recite to Blaise everything that happened yesterday between you, Draco and Harry. Blaise was shocked. You could see it on his face. After a couple of minutes you stopped. You looked at Blaise and he looked like he didn't know from where to start.

-Okay Harry really did pull the last straw this time. Blaise said.

-I know. I don't think so though he was intending to hurm Draco this much. You replied.

-I think so too. He may read a spell in some book and thought it was a good idea to try it.

-Yeah exactly.

-I do wonder if Harry knows or is suspecting what Draco is doing.

-I think Blaise he is. He wouldn't have done this if he was not.

-Exactly. On the other hand though, you cursing Harry was not okay. You could have hurt him first of all, second he is your friend and third he might think that you are taking sides.

-But I'm not taking sides! I got angry and the curse just came out naturally. I couldn't hold back myself Blaise.

-Still though you were also trying to protect Draco. I know he is your boyfriend but you don't know how Harry saw it.

-Then what should I have done then? You asked Blaise.

-Nothing. You shouldn't have followed them at all. Blaise replied.

-Yeah but-

-No "but". You shouldn't have followed them. Blaise interrupted you.

-Yeah anyway. Now what?

-You have to talk with Harry.

-Maybe I should.

You looked at the clock and realized it was time for class. You and Blaise picked up your bags and left the common room. As you entered the potions class you saw Harry talking with Ron and Hermione. He noticed you so you looked away and and sat away from them with Blaise. A bit later Slughorn came in and started the lecture. Todays lecture was about everlasting elixirs, a type of potion with the effect to either never run out of potion or to work forever. Although the lecture was very interesting, you couldn't stop thinking about Draco. He was alone at the Hospital Wing and you just wished you were there with him. After what seemed like an eternity, class was over and you put your book amd quil in your bag. As you were walking off class with Blaise, you felt a touch on your shoulder.

-Hey Ariana can I talk to you? Harry said.

-Yeah sure. You replied.

Blaise left and you walked outside to the Courtyard with Harry. You had a bad feeling about what was going to come.

-So what do you want to talk about? You asked.

-Look I know what happened yesterday was wrong, I should have never used a spell which I didn't know enough about, I was just angry with Draco and all the things he has done.

-It's okay I never thought you would purposly hurm someone. I'm sorry too for cursing you. I blurred and anger had taken over me.

-Yeah I understand. What I don't understand though is why you were protecting Malfoy.

-What do you mean why, he is my boyfriend!

-And I'm your friend. Why didn't you protect me? Your boyfriend is the one who started it after all.

-Look I'm not going to do this Harry. You know how much I respect you and how much I care about you. Draco though is my boyfriend and I love him. At that moment I wanted to protect him.

-So you are on Malfoys side.

-I'm not on anyones side Harry! You replied angrily.

-You made your choice though by protecting him! Harry said.

-You know what Harry I'm not going to continue this conversation. You can think whatever you want. If you think there are sides and I'm on Dracos side, you can think that. Just for your information you're being very wrong on this.

-Fine then. Never talk to me again though.

-I'm not talking to anyone who is immature enough caring about sides rather than friendships.

You left. You didn't even want to look him in the eyes anymore. Taking sides, you thought. You weren't in anyones side. You were friends with Harry, Ron and Hermione but also with Blaise, Grabbe and Gloyle while being in a relationship with Draco. You didn't want to think about this anymore so you went back to the castle to see Draco in the Hospital Wing.