Chapter 27: Quidditch Match Gone Wrong

The next morning you woke up and started thinking evrrything that had happened yesterday. Dracos behavior really hurt you. You didn't know what to do anymore with him. He had completely pushed you away. Both you and Blaise. As you were sitting, gazing through the window you felt a touch on your shoulder.

-How are you feeling Ari? Blaise asked.

-I've felt better. You? You said.

-I'm not feeling great either. Wanna get outside and get some fresh air?

-Sure Blaise, why not.

You went outside with Blaise. The weather was better. It was snowing but it wasn't that windy and freezing. The fresh air made you feel better. Blaise put his hand over your shoulder. Somehow he always knew exactly what to do and how to make you feel better.

-Not feeling cold, are you? Blaise asked.

-No I'm good. You replied.

-Great. We should get ready though in a bit.

-Get ready for what?

-Quidditch.

-Wait what?

-We have a match today with Gryffindor.

-Oh I had completely forgotten about that.

-It's okay Ariana. Especially with everything that has been going on these past few days.

-Yeah these couple of days have been quite intense.

-Don't worry I'll have your back today. Just try to be a little bit careful okay? I can't have my eyes on you all the time, as much as I'd want to.

-You are the kindest and most genuine person I've met Blaise honestly. And I'll be careful.

You smiled at him and you started walking towards the Quidditch changing rooms. All the team was there.

-You are late. Marcus said.

-Chill mate we are on time. Blaise responded.

Marcus glared at him and didn't say anything else. As a captain he would always get annoyed if anyone was even two minutes late. You and Blaise got changed into your quidditch robes and took your brooms. A few minutes later you were flying on your broom. As you were waiting for madam Houch to release the balls for the game to start you caught a glimpse of Harry and Ron giving you friendly smiles. You smiled back at them. You looked around looking for Draco but in vain. He wasn't there. You knew it was foolish to do that, as you knew that there was no way that he'd come. Then madam Houch released the balls and the game began. That was when you noticed that the commentator had changed. It was not anymore Lee Jordan, but Luna Lovegood. You were listening to her sweet and calm voice. Her commenting was so sweet with it's small mistakes. As you were looking around for bludgers, you noticed that Blaise wouldn't take his eyes off you. Most of the time he was checking on you to make sure that you were okay and no bludger was coming towards you. You repelled a few bludgers from hitting Marcus and tried to keep yourself safe. At some point you completely zoned out and started thinking of Draco again. His behavior yesterday was terrible. It had gotten to the point that you couldn't deal with it. Suddenly you heard Blaises voice.

-ARI WATCH OUT! Blaise screamed.

You quickly turned around and saw Blaise getting in front of you to hit the bludger, but the bludger was so fast that Blaise didn't manage to repel it. The bludger then hit you both and knocked you off your brooms. Everything happened in seconds. The last thing you remember was falling on Blaise. Then everything became dark and both of you were lying unconsious on the ground.

After an hour or so you opened your eyes and saw Harry, Ron and Hermione looking at you. You were lying on the Hospital Wings bed. You were feeling dizzy and your whole body was in pain. You turned your head to your right and saw Blaise lying on the bed next to you. He was still uncinsious. Pansy, Grabbe and Goyle sitting next ot him.

-How are you feeling? Hermione asked.

-Awful. You replied.

-If you are feeling awful, imagine how Blaise will be feeling when he wakes up. Harry said.

-Why? You asked.

-You don't remember? Ron asked.

-No not really. Everything is a bit blurry. You replied.

-Well he tried to protect you from a bludger that was going to hit you but it was too fast and he didn't manage to repel it. So the bludger hit you both and you fell off your brooms. Harry said.

-Now that you're saying that, I do remember something before the bludger hit me. You said.

-The temporary memory loss is from the hit. It's only normal to happen. Don't worry about it. Hermione said.

-Blaise really did risk his own safety to protect you. He is a great friend. I may not be a huge fan of him, but what he did was bloody brilliant. Ron said.

-Yeah it really was. You said.

-I bet Draco though would never do the same. Harry said.

-Harry please don't do this now. You said.

-Ariana is right Harry. She is tired and hurt. It's not the time to do this now. Hermione said.

-You're right. I'm sorry Ariana. Harry said.

-We'll let you rest now. We'll see you tomorrow. Ron said.

Harry, Ron and Hermione then left. You looked at your right again. Pansy, Grabbe and Goyle had also left Blaise. Blaise hadn't even open his eyes. You felt responsible for Blaise being hit by that bludger. If you had your mind on the match and you were careful, he wouldn't need to risk his safety for you. Blaise though really did what he told you. He said you would have your back and he really did.

The Hospital Wing was now covered in darkness. You looked at the clock and it was passed 9 o'clock. Blaise hadn't woke up yet. You got off your bed. You knew you should stay in bed and rest but you wanted to sit next to Blaise. You took a couple of steps and sat on his bed. You looked at him and held his hand. Then he slowly opened his eyes. It was as if he felt the warmth of your hand.

-Ari? Blaise asked.

-I'm here. How are you feeling? You replied.

-My body hurts but I'm fine. You?

-Same. But I would be in even more pain if it wasn't for you.

-Ari come on stop.

-No I won't cause really you shouldn't have. If I hadn't zoned out, this wouldn't have happened and you would be okay.

-Don't blame yourself. I lose my consentration too. It happens. And with everything that happened yesterday with Draco, I understand that you don't feel good.

-You always know exactly what to say.

-Yeah I just know. Anyways I wouldn't want to see you getting hurt like that. I will always be there to protect you.

-Stop! Now you're gonna make me cry.

-Come here.

You let yourself in Blaises arms. Tears started to fall down your cheeks. His words and acts really did touch you deeply. He looked you straight in the eyes and gave you a smile.

-I wouldn't let anything or anyone hurt you Ariana.

That's all Blaise said. He came closer to you and hugged you. You were so grateful to have a friend like Blaise.