Chapter 23: Getting Things Clear

The next morning you woke up feeling tired from yesterdays party. You got ready and headed upstairs to the Great Hall. As you were having breakfast you started to regain your powers. A bit later you went outside. Everything was covered in snow. There wasn't a more beautiful sight than snowflakes falling and covering the towers of the castle. You climbed a tall tree at a quiet corner of the Courtyard to get an better view of the snowy landscape. The cold always helped you to clear your mind. As you were watching the snowflakes falling, you started to wonder if Blaise really was trying to kiss you the night before and why Draco was wandering at the corridor that mr. Filtch found it suspicious. Both of these occurences didn't make any sence. At least with the first one, you found it easier to deal with, by talking to Blaise and sort things out. You felt though that the whole situation with Blaise was just a misunderstanding. It started to get even colder as the breeze got stronger. You got down to the ground and took two or three steps and then all of a sudden you bumped into Blaise.

-Hey Ariana, I was just looking for you. Blaise said.

-Oh really? Me too. You replied.

-Do you have some time to talk?

-Of course I do.

-So about yesterday, at Slughorns party, you know er when you fell on me, I er wasn't trying to kiss you. I know it looked like it but it wasn't like that at all. Blaise lied.

-It's okay Blaise, I was the one that fell on you anyways.

-So you are not mad?

-No of course not.

-That's a relief. You know you are like my sister and Draco is my best friend. I didn't want to leave you thinking that I was trying to kiss you.

-I understand. I'm glad we talked this out. The last thing I want right now is to have misunderstanding with you. I feel really close with you and something like that would just mess things even more. You are the person I can tell everything.

-Same goes for me Ariana. You got any news from Draco?

-No not really. I haven't seen him since I got ready for the party. One moment we were cuddling on the couch, then I left to get ready and when I came back for him to see me dressed he was gone.

-Oh I understand, that's awful. Wait we both saw him last at the party, when he came in with mr. Filtch.

-Oh yeah I had forgotten about that. I wonder what he was doing at the upper stairs Corridor.

-Yeah me too. But I think it's best that we stay out of this Ariana.

-Wait do you know something that I don't?

-No no I don't. I just feel that we shouldn't get involved. That's why I didn't let you to follow Draco.

-Yeah I guess you're right. Anyway I'm going to the library, Hermione is waiting for me. I will see you later.

You left Blaise and went back inside. You felt warm again.You headed of to the library and met Hermione. You started studying inside the warm library.

Blaise on the other hand stayed outside exactly where you left him, at that cold, quiet corner of the Courtyard, under the tall tree you were sitting. Cold air was making feel stone cold. He felt guilty. Blaise saw you as his sister. He wanted to be there for you and protect you like a big brother would. But when you fell on him, for that single moment, he didn't see you as his sister, but as a woman that he wanted to kiss really badly, to feel and taste her lips. That moment his friendly feelings turned into rather romantic ones. It was only for a minute. But that minute felt like an eternity for him. He felt awful. He couldn't tell you the truth, or Draco. You were his best friends girlfriend. Blaise stood at that corner alone for some time to sort things out in his head. He knew his feeling towards you were friendly and only friendly. Except for that one moment last night. He knew he wouldn't forget that occurance easily, but it's the only thing he could do, so that he didn't cause any tention. So he decided to forget about it completely, erase it from his memory. As he felt the cold breeze clearing his mind, he went back to the castle.

Meanwhile as you were studying with Hermione at the library, a familiar figure came up to you. It was Ron, who you hadn't talked a lot to lately, after him starting dating Lavander Brown.

-Hey Ariana, I wanted to ask you. Do you want to spent the rest of the Holidays at the Burrow? Ron asked.

-Yes I would love too! Thanks for the invitation. You replied.

-So you better start paking at night. Tomorrow we'll be leaving.

-Okay, bye Ron.

Hermione was clearly upset and it was written all over her face.

-Are you alright Hermione? You asked.

-No of course I'm not! He is ignoring me completely now that he is dating her.

-I know it hurts but you can't really do many things at the moment except being patient.

-Patient for what Ariana?

-Really you think that this is going to last for long? I give them maximum a month or two.

-Yeah sure.

Hermione ignored you and continued reading. A bit later you left her and went back to your dormitory. You started to pack your clothes for the Burrow. It didn't take you long to pack everything as you only took only the essentials. A bit later you joined Blaise and Pansy at the evening feast. When the feast was over, you went back to your dormitories and went to sleep.

The next day you met with Harry, Ron and Ginny at Mcgonagalls office, to use the floo network in order to go to the Burrow, as it seemed to be a more safe and fast way to transport. First Harry stepped in the fireplace, then Ron and then Ginny. Lastly you took a hand full of floo powder, stepped in the fireplace and said loudly "Burrow!".