Chapter 18: Polyjuice Potion

They next morning you woke up and went to the common room with Blaise. You started to recite him everything, what Draco had told you that day and what happened yesterday at Hogsmeade.

-So you are saying that Draco admitted that he is hiding things from you in order to protect you, but he didn't say what is this that he is hiding from you? Blaise asked.

-Exactly. You answered.

-And you pretty much are suspecting that he was the one who cursed Katie Bell, whereas he really was intending ti curse Dumbledore?

-Yeah exactly...

-Look Ariana after all these you told me, I can't lie to you. Him not telling you what he is up to and the incident at Hogsmeade are quite suspicious. I mean he said that he wasn't going to come to Hogsmeade whereas you saw him coming out the restroom at Three Broomsticks and then Katie coming out from it with a package which cursed her instead of Dumbledore because she opened it...I don't think all these are just coincidences. They can't be.

-I think so too Blaise. If only there was a way to find out what going on with him.

-I don't know. Maybe it's best for you to just not do anything.

After talking a bit more with Blaise you ended your conversation and started studying. You couldn't focus though, your mind was on Draco. And this thought kept torturing you for the next days, especially when Draco was acting like everything was fine. Your suspicions grew even bigger when you had quiddich practice on Thursday and Draco wasn't there. Apparently he had decided to drop off. Blaise really had your back on practice. He was repelling extra bludgers from hitting you, as you weren't focused at all times. After a few hours of practice you went back to the common room to rest. You were studying and talking at the common room. At some point Grabbe, Goyle and Pansy joined you and you all had a great time so you stayed up until late at night. When the clock marked midnight you decided to go to your dorms and sleep. You found quite curious though the fact that Draco didn't show up at all at the common room. It was around 2a.m., you couldn't sleep that night so you went back to the common room to walk a bit. As you peaked out of the dorm you took a glimpse of Draco getting inside the common room. You run back to your bed. You wondered what he was doing at the castle this late. The look on his face, you just got a quick glimpse of it but it was obvious that he wasn't okay, he was looking shady.

The next day you woke up, realising that tonight it was professor Slughorns dinner. This really made you feel great. You had something to look forward about. When you saw Blaise at the slytherin table you told him about seeing Draco entering the common room at 2a.m.. He found it as odd as you did. You attended your classes but Draco only attended half of them. Last class for you was potions. As professor Slughorn was doing his lecture, an idea popped up in your head. You wanted to see what Draco is up to but without him knowing. You didn't want to burrow Harrys invisability cloak again. But there was a way. You remembered that during the summer your cousin had forgotten her brush and you had packed it to send it back to her. So you thought of sneaking in professor Snapes potions cupboard and get some polyjuice potion. It was a bad idea but at that point it was stuck in your head.

When the class ended you run to the common room to get your plan to work. You woke a total black clothing to not drive attention, took your wand and left. You knew professor Snape had a class was in class now, so you reached the cupboards door.

-Alohamora. You whispered and the door opened.

There were so many potions, you didn't know were to search. As you were looking at your down left you spotted it. "Polyjuice potion". It had quite a decent amount so you filled a small flask and left as fast as you could. You went to the bathroom Moaning Myrtle is so that no one would see you. You took a piece of your cousins hair and put it inside the flask. You drank as much as you could, but it was disgusting, it tasted like piss. Soon you saw your reflection on the mirror, you were looking like your cousin. Immediatly you went close to the Ancient Runes classroom since you had seen Draco entering there earlier. The door suddenly opened and you hid. When you spotted Draco you started following him with caution so that he didn't see you. When the crawd left he started checking if anyone was behind him and started walking faster going up the stairs. You followed him. He was some metres further and stood in front of an empty wall. You looked at him confused. After a minute the wall opened and he entered inside the room. You stood there in shock. You weren't fast enough to get in there but maybe this was better, since now you were looking like yourself again.

It was starting to get late you decided to get changed for Slughorns dinner. You got to your dorm and wore the dress you had already chose to wear in the morning. You met Blaise at the common room and left together heading to Slughorns office.

-You look very beautiful Ariana. As always. Blaise said.

-Thanks Blaise you too. You replied.

You reached the door and knocked. Professor Slughorn welcomed you with a warm smile. You sat at the round table. You were the first to come. Professor Slughorn started the conversation to break the ice and soon enough you were talking in a nice atmosphere. A bit later Harry, Hermione, Neville, Maclagen and the twins from Slythering house arrived too. Professor served the dishes. He had prepared a great course of meals. Each and every meal was amazing, just like the conversation. You were talking about your families, telling stories from your years at Hogwarts even about dreams for the future. When the dessert was served Ginny also came. But the expression on her face, her red eyes, reminded you of yourself these months.

After you all finished with your desserts, it was quite late so you all, except Harry, left. You and Blaise returned to the common room and saw Draco sitting by the fireplace.

-How come you are awake this late Draco? Blaise asked.

-Oh er couldn't sleep. Draco replied.

-You don't look really well, is something wrong? You asked.

-No everything is fine. How was Slughorns dinner? He asked, changing the topic.

-It was really good actually. Anyway I'm going to leave you too alone. Blaise replied.

You sat next to Draco. He put his hand over your shoulder and you rested your head on his chest. You immediatly fell asleep.

-Goodnight Ariana, I love you. Draco whispered in your ear.