Chapter 16: The Confrontation

The sun rose again and marked the begining of a new day. Your body was feeling cramped and sore. You weren't feeling like you were in bed. You slowly opened your eyes and realised that you were on the couch, covered with a blanket and Blaise was sleeping a bit further away from you. Apparently you had fallen asleep on the couch last night and Blaise made sure you didn't get cold. You went to your dorm, had a bath and got dressed in your school robes. As you returned to the common room, you saw Blaise had woken up.

-Hope you slept well Ariana and your back doesn't hurt. Blaise said.

-Yeah I slept fine. How come you didn't return to your dorm after I fell asleep? You asked.

-Well I didn't want to leave you all alone.

-How sweet of you Blaise.

You and Blaise, went to the Great Hall to get breakfast. You joined Andrian and Marcus and started to talk about quidditch. As you were discussing, you saw Draco coming. You didn't want to face him, at least not yet. You didn't know how to feel about all the lies and his unexplainable behavior. While Draco was about to sit down, you left by saying that you hadn't finished your essay for History of Magic. Draco though did not believe that. He was feeling that you were trying to avoid him. A little later, Draco and Blaise left and slowly headed to Charms classroom.

-By the way Draco, where were you yesterday all day after potions? You disappeared completely. Blaise asked.

-It's none of your buisiness. Anyway why Ariana has been avoiding me? Draco asked in reply.

-Yes it is! She is my girlfriend!

-Yeah she is not going to be for long, if you continue being mysterious like that Draco.

-I can't tell you Blaise neither where I was nor what I was doing. And I can't tell Ariana either, I don't want her to get involved.

-I understand but I don't think she does and it's only natural.

-I know Blaise. So can you please tell me why she is ignoring me?

-Well she told me about you ignoring her all summer and lying to her about not being at Diagon Alley whereas she saw you there. Ariana is a bit conflicted I think.

-This is bad, I must talk to her. Is this why she was crying last night?

-Yes this was the reason. All this is affecting her all the wrong way.

Draco and Blaise got in class and got to their seats. A few seconds later you entered too. You wanted to sit as far away from them as possible, so you sat with Harry, Ron and Hermione. You were trying to stay focused on professor Flitwicks lecture in order to avoid Draco invading your thoughts and get your mind on him. When class ended you left with Harry, Ron and Hermione and got to the greenhouses for Herbology. Time flied and you didn't even realise that it was lunch time. After lunch you had one last class, Care of Magical Creatures. You actually really enjoyed that class, especially with Professor Hagrid. He started talking to you about Bowtruckles, which you found adorable. They were hand-sized, insect-eating, tree dwelling magical beasts with long sharp fingers, brown eyes and a general appearance of a flat-faced stick figure made of bark and twigs. This was by far the best class you had, along with potions class with Slughorn.

As you were heading back to the castle someone grabbed your hand. You turned around and it was Draco.

-We need to talk. Draco said.

-What you have finally decided to tell me what's going on your life and why your are being so mysterious? You asked, in an ironic tone.

-Ariana I can't tell you anything about these, I'm sorry.

-If it's not this you want to talk about, I'm gonna go I have studying to do.

-Babe please don't go, we need to talk.

-Fine, what do you want to talk about Draco?

-You've been ignorant since we got here. Why are you being so distant?

-I don't know maybe because you were being ingorant all summer, you lied to me about not being at Diagon Alley, you are hidding things from me and you are acting like everything is fine! You replied losing your temper, you could feel tears in your eyes.

-My darling I am so sorry for all these, but I'm only doing these to keep you safe. I don't want you to get mixed up with everything. It's better not knowing anything.

-I am trying to understand but I honestly can't. You are not telling me whatever it is that bothers you or what's going on your life. And telling me this makes me feel worried about you Draco.

-I am and will be fine baby. I don't want you to worry about me. I just want to keep you safe and the best way to do that is to let you out of this.

Draco came close to you and hugged you tight, while whispering to your ear "I love you Ariana". He then pressed his lips on yours and kissed you. He held your hand and you walked back inside. You returned to the common room and you went to your dorm. You laid on your bed and started to think about what Draco just told you. You really tried to put yourself in his position and understand why he is doing this. Scenarios started to pop up in your head in your attempt to imagine in what Draco is involved. You were afraid that he got himself in a dangerous situation. It even crossed your mind that he may had become a deatheater as Harry was assuming. You didn't know what to assume or how to feel, he admitted everything, saying that he does everything to protect you. After him telling you this you were sure that he was in a very dangerous situation. All this overthinking made you exhausted. You decided to call it a day and fell sleep.