Chapter 14: The Hogwarts Express

Really soon you arrived at London. When you reached Kings Cross station, mr. Weasley left you. You, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny passed the wall between 9 and 10 and got to playform 9¾. And there it was right in front of your eyes, the Hogwarts Express. Soon you'd be at your second home. You went in the train and got your seats. Ginny left you and went to sit with Dean. After some minutes the train started to move and your journey began. You continued discussing about the incident at the Knockturn Alley.

-So what do you think it is with Draco and that weird cabinet? Who were all those people? Ron asked.

-Don't you see? It was a ceremony, an initiation! Harry said.

-What are you talking about? You replied in question.

-Harry is under the impression that Draco Malfoy is now a death eater. Hermione replied.

-Then what do you think they were doing in Borgin and Burkes? Looking for furniture? Harry said.

-No way Harry. Draco would never do that. You said.

-How do you know? You haven't talked with him in months Ariana. He hasn't told you anything about what's going on his life. You forget that his father is a death eater? Harry said.

-The fact that his father is a death eater it doesn't mean that he is now one too. His mother is not a death eater. Draco would never become one. I am sure about it. You said.

-You know nothing about him now Ariana. Snap out of it. He hides things from you. He lied to you about not being at Diagon Alley, whereas he was there, we all saw him. So don't be too sure about him, you might be surprised in the end. Harry said in a louder tone.

-You only believe this because you simply hate him. You responded.

-Or maybe you are just blinded by love and you can't see things straight. Harry replied.

-Shut up Harry! You replied angrily.

-You guys knock it off. Ron interfered.

-If you'll excuse me, I'm going to the restroom. You said.

-And I'm going to get some air. Harry said.

-Oh yeah? Then stay away from me. You told Harry.

You left heading to the restroom. When you had almost reached the restroom, a sudden black smoke covered up everything. You couldn't see anything. It was so dense, you started coughing. A few seconds later the smoke cleared up. You had your hand in front of your mouth because of the cough. Draco came to you, grabbing your waist.

-Are you okay my darling? Draco asked.

-Yeah I'm fine. You replied.

-Probably a first year is messing around.

Yeah I guess. You nodded. Draco pulled your body closer to his and kissed you.

-I missed you my love. Draco whispered in your ear.

-Me too. You replied.

You sat together with Blaise and Pansy. They were talking but you didn't care, you were lost in your thoughts. "He missed you but was in Diagon Alley when he had said that he wasn't going to and pretty much he had been avoiding you all summer", you thought. All this made zero sense to you. You could feel Blaise staring at you. He had realized that your mind was just somewhere else, since you were looking outside the window, not saying a single word and not paying attention to their convertation at all. Blaise did a signal with his face to Draco and he understood that you were not okay and something was wrong.

-Are you okay babe? You seem to be skeptical about something. Draco asked you.

-Yeah I'm okay Draco, I'm just a little bit tired that's all. You replied.

You obviously didn't want to tell him that you had seen him in Knockturn Alley or that you pretty much spied on him into that shady looking shop.

Blaise though and Draco were not convinsed that you were okay. Blaise took Pansy and left you two alone, hoping that you would tell Draco what's wrong.

Draco came closer to you and put his hand over you shoulder. His face coming closer to yours until reaching your lips, kissing you with passion. He lowered his hand down to your waist while kissing your neck.

-I had missed the smell of your perfume my love. I want to be close to you as much as I can. Draco said.

You smiled and kissed him again. At some point Draco broke the kiss.

-You know I had missed you so much that one time outside of a shop I could smell your perfume. Draco said.

You giggled and hugged him. You loved his scent, his expensive cologne. His kisses that tasted like green apples. You couldn't though help it but feel a bit akward about what he had just told you, since you were really there spying on him, under Harrys invisability cloak. You felt bad about it, but since Draco was not and still is not telling you what's going on, you had no choice.

-Draco you've been asking me if I'm okay, but really are you okay? I mean with everything going on with your father- I am here for you, you can tell me anything Draco. You said while holding his hand.

-I am fine Ariana. You don't need to worry about anything. Let's just say that some things it's better for you not to know. Some things can put you in great danger. I want you to be safe. Draco responded.

You didn't reply anything. You just leaned towards his shoulder. So indeed he has been and stilll is hiding things from you. You didn't know how to feel about this. "Why wouldn't Draco trust you? Was he really trying to protect you or this was just an excuse?" All these questions and even more were in your mind until you arrived at Hogwarts. You got off your seat and went ahead to leave. Draco though didn't leave.

-Aren't you coming Draco? You asked.

-You go Ariana, I'll come in a bit. I want to check on something. He replied.

Draco gave you a kiss and you left with Blaise and Pansy. When you got in the Great Hall you spotted Draco and joined him. He seemed lost in his thoughts. Dumbledore did his usual welcoming speech but this year it had a different tone. He talked about Tom Riddle-Voldemort and about dark forces trying to get in Hogwarts. It was not the most cheerful speech. When the feast ended, you went to the common room, talked a bit with Blaise and then you went to sleep.