Chapter 8: The Mirror of Erised

The sunrise marked the start of a new day. The hospital wing was now brightened up by the sunlight, coming throught the closed curtains. You slowly opened your eyes and Draco, sleeping on a chair, still holding your hand. You couldn't feel nothing less than pure happiness. Draco had stayed all night with you, not leaving by your side. Your heart melted. At this point you just had forgotten completely about your fight and decided to leave it where it belonged, to the past. You felt strong again, since all the pain was gone, so you leaned towards Draco and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He immediatly felt your lips touching his cheek and woke up. He sat next to you and gave you a hug.

-Goodmorning darling. How are you? Draco asked.

-Goodmorning Draco. Well I'm fine and quite hungry. You replied.

-If you're hungry than I am assuming that you don't hurt anymore.

You nodded. Madam Pomfrey came to you and told you that you were good to go. You and Draco left the hospital wing and went to the common room in order to get changed into your robes. Then you headed to the Great Hall to help yourself with breakfast. Blaise and Marcus were also there, so you ate breakfast alltogether. As you were eating, the guys told you about what had happened last night while you were unconcious. The three Triwizard champions were chosen. Only this year, they weren't three, but four. Victor Krum, Fleur Delacour, Cedric Diggory and Harry Potter. You were quite upset that you had lost something like that. At the same time you were shocked because Harry has 14, not 17. You were sure that something was wrong. After breakfast you found Harry and asked him what had happened, but he didn't seem to know either. You talked for a bit and you offered to help him with spells. Harry was a bit relieved, having you and Hermione helping with spells.

Later you headed off to class. It was Monday so your schedule wasn't that bad. You had Potions, Charms and Divination. You went at potions class and sat with Draco, Blaise, Grabbe and Goyle. Professor Snape, did a lecture on the Calming Draught, a potion that is used to calm a person down after they have had suffered a shock, trauma, or emotional outburst. You found this potion very ureful. It might had been even more useful if he had taught you about it on the first class, you thought it would have helped with the whole misunderstanding with Draco. After telling you all everything, you proceeded making it. Later you attended charms class. All the period you tried to cast correctly the Banishing Charm (Depulso), a charm that sends the target away from the caster, towards a specific location. Only you and Hermione managed to get it right on your first try. Time passed fast and class had ended before you realised it.

You had one last class and that was Divination. Nothing really interesting had happened during the other classes, so you expected a peaceful lesson of Divination. Professor Trelawney continued talking about the same things, as last time, dreams and deepest desires. In contrary to others you didn't think she was an old fraud, though you thought that she was exaggetrating some times. Still though you weren't a fan of this class. This time she had brought an ancient artefact to discuss about. A mirror. It had clawed feet and a gold frame inscribed with the phrase " Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi."

-This is the Mirror of Erised, a magical mirror, which, shows the "deepest, most desperate desire of our hearts." The name "Erised" is "desire" spelled backwards, as if reflected in a mirror. The happiest and most satisfied person in the world would look in the mirror and see a reflection of them, exactly as they were, for they would then have no one and nothing more to yearn or desire for that the mirror could ever show them. But of course, it is intrinsically inherent for human nature to desire something greater than one's own self - meaning that an event wherein the mirror fails to carry out its intended purpose rarely, if at all, happens. Professor Trelawney said.

-You haven't told us what the engraved writing means Professor. Lavander Brown asked.

-The writing engraved on the frame of the mirror is in a foreign and probably dead language. The phrase "Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi", if you lookes closely it says "I show not your face but your heart's desire" backwards, with the spaces rearranged. Professor Trelawney answered Lavander.