Everyone had been frantically waiting for their turn at seeing the Halfbreed when the trio came out and informed them of what happened and her current status. They'd all been terrified just picturing what was going on judging by the sounds and words that came from the room. They heard as Carlisle and the boy mentioned they would leave them to have their own conversation. They had tried to mind their own, but it was hard when everyone was eager to see Violette and their minds automatically drifted to the hybrid.

Lauren was unsure of the giant wolf. The only interactions she'd ever had with him where after he had caused her good friend such distress. She didn't exactly see the boy in a positive light. Edward turned to look at the Ohio native upon hearing her weary thoughts. Her's weren't the only ones. Most of those in the room weren't too sure if Violette should agree to any sort of proposal from the boy. Imprints or not, Jacob had broken Violette when he abandoned her after finding out the truth.

"I'm glad to see you've got some color back to you. You beginning to make us full breeds look like mortals." The bass in his voice echoing in the room, the windows shaking a little as Vance laughed. "Oops," he grinned sheepishly as his sister elbowed him to get him to stop. That was the ticket needed to relieve some of the tension in the room. Everyone momentarily forgetting the almost proposal that went on in the room. Everyone except the unlikely couple, Jacob and Violette.

Jacob bit his tongue as he sat on the sofa downstairs. Violette had tired of the stuffy room and requested they go downstairs. He had been quick to carry her down when the other men in the room stepped forward to try to do so for her, a small growl coming out of him instinctively. Violette was, as a result, now leaning against him as she conversed with Andres, Chloe and Geneve. Jacob was used to the Cullens, to an extent. These new vamps, however, were not on his tolerable list. He especially felt ill-at-ease with the orange eyes vampire that clung to her dark-skinned mate that was praising Washington for its big game. He wasn't new to hunting; his people partook in that themselves and Billy frequently took him when he was able as a kid. However, he still had some trouble accepting that his imprint had to, well, hunt.

But more than anything, Jacob was upset because they still had so much left to talk about. Seth had come through at the worst possible time, ruining his proposal. He bit his cheek now to try to prevent the growl that was bubbling up from his throat. The atmosphere felt forced all around, like he was being tolerated, and it made him feel uneasy. He tried to ignore the feeling for Violet's sake, too happy to have her conscious to ruin things.

"Yes, Chloe had never seen a cougar before, she was most excited." Spoke Andres, his Spanish accent much easier to understand than the French blonde, 2 years of Spanish coming through.

"They were remarkable. Despite it knowing it was no match, when cornered, it still fought back. I told Andres that I didn't have the heart to kill it. We settled on a buck that passed by."

"At least... until our barbarian brother came across the beast and took it down." Andres said, causing Violette to grin at Vance.

"The idiot walked right up to them with the cat tossed over his chest." His sister spoke up from her position by Rosalie and Emmett, eyeballing her brother who grinned sheepishly and shrugged.

"A kitty?" gasped Nessie, running to her aunty and sitting on her lap. Violette just laughed, kissing the top of her head and smiling at the little thing and shaking her head as she turned back to look at the older hybrid.

"No sweety, more like this." Jacob sat up a little and watched, interested at how both girls had their hands on one another's cheeks; he had seen the little girl's ability already firsthand. She had been interested to meet another wolf, one of her mom's friends at that and was talking them up. She would show him scenes of her aunt and her chasing after Seth in wolf form or them building snow wolves in his likeness. He hated to admit it, but he was already growing very fond of the strange infant, who despite only being a couple weeks old, already resembled a 2-year-old, but with the intelligence of 8-year-old. He wanted to say that was a little weird, but then again, one of his best friends imprinted on a toddler.