"Oh Aiyora, always remember, the Kuran family may have had their interest before you, but the Hanadagi will always put your best interest before anything else."

Somehow Aiyora found that hard to believe.

Little did she know, she'd be proven right very soon.

.

.

.

They sat down at the dinner table following the previous sitting arrangement. Min-Unra at the end of the table, occupying the head of the family chair. To her left, sat her two children while her granddaughter sat to her right facing her own mother. Kaname was again offered the seat at the other end of the table, facing the matriarch of the family. But this time also he declined and chose to sit next to Aiyora.

A nervous maid went around serving the food while the purebloods indulged in light conversation.

Aiyora did most of the talking with her grandmother. Her uncle Takumi, would drop in and out of the conversation from time to time. While the other two, Kaname and her mother didn't participate in the conversation. They spoke, only when they were directly asked something.

The young Kuran took an instant liking to her uncle. During her last visit they hardly interacted. Therefore she didn't know him much. But now as they spoke, Aiyora found him to be a genuine person, who gave off positive vibes. Which explains why his aura reminded her of Takuma. In spite of all that, this man, Hanadagi Takumi shared one similarly with her her father Kuran Rido. Like the latter, the former too is deeply in love with his sister. Who knows, if pushed to the edge, he too might reveal a face similar to Kuran Rido.

As Aiyora remained distracted with her uncle, her grandmother took the time to do a thorough study of the Kuran ancestor. And in the process picked up some interesting details.

Such as: how the Kuran ancestor would scoop up generous portion from his plate and feed her; every time she would get distracted and lose interest in eating. Or how quickly he would pass water and gently pet her back every time she chocked. Followed by the light scolding for not being careful enough. Of course none of the three Hanadagi missed how often he would glance at the young Kuran to check on her.

He need not say anything out loud. His actions spoke for him. And Aiyora's grandmother was smart enough to understand that. While the Kuran ancestor's fondness for Aiyora made her greatly happy but at the same time it brought out the concerning thought— what off the other Kuran princess, now that she has returned to her true form? As her new status means she is the rightful girl to be betrothed to him.

.

.

.

After dinner Aiyora joined her uncle, as he went out into their neighbourhood to run some errands. Leaving Kaname back at the home with her mother and grandmother. Which gave the latter woman the perfect opportunity to address the topic.

She approached the Kuran ancestor. Finding him quietly sitting by the fireplace, reading an old book that he picked up from one of the shelves located by the fireplace.

Without looking up from the book even once Kaname acknowledged the approaching figure.

"How may I assist you Hanadagi-san?"

Immediately the Hanadagi matriarch felt his powerful aura presence brushing against her and remembered who he is— an ancient, living out of his time. A predator, living amongst the prey that could easily manipulate anyone and everyone surrounding him. A fighter that can most likely take down her along with her children. These were all gentle reminders of how careful she has to be with regards to her topic.