Chapter 12: Baby Whisperer

Danni

 Cowen loves me, it's official. When Rachael tried to take him away to feed him he wasn't having it so I ended up having to feed him.

 We're all sitting in the living room right now. Zak sat next to me on my right with Lucas to his right. Rachael sat to my left. Mom and Ronnie sat on the recliners.

 I was feeding Cowen and Rach was feeding Jaxen. Everyone else was talking.

 I could tell Zak felt out of place. He didn't seem like he knew what was happening or what to do.

 Jaxen started crying very loudly. That meant he was finished but he wanted more.

 "Zak, can you hold him for a second? I'll be right back." She hands Jaxen over to Zak.

 I don't think he knows what to do.

 "Don't be scared of him, he's just a baby," I tell him. I push Jaxen towards Zak's chest. Once I do Jaxen stops crying. "Bravo," I tell him.

 "How did you do that?" Rachael asks once she comes back.

 "Do what?" He asks.

 "Jaxen normally never lets people he doesn't know near him yet he just stopped crying instantly as soon as you started holding him."

 I could tell a surge of pride went through him since his chest puffed out.

 "What can I say? I'm a baby whisperer."

 I think Rachael could tell that he was feeling a little uncomfortable so I'm pretty sure she's trying her best to include him. I'm gonna have to talk to her about it later.

 Rachael ordered us some Chinese food so we sat at the table and ate. Jaxen did not want to be taken out of Zak's arms which is kind of funny if you ask me. I got a picture of both of them eating at the table. Jaxen looked like he was about to fall asleep and Zak is looking down at him. It is an adorable picture. He was mad at me for taking it though but whatever.

 Since Jaxen didn't want to leave Zak's arms, we put the pack n' play in our room and that's where he slept. Cowen was fine sleeping in his crib so that's where he slept.

 I was awoken by cries coming from Jaxen and I got to him as fast as I could before Cowen started crying. I didn't even notice Zak was gone until he came back in taking Jaxen, who immediately stopped crying as soon as he was in Zak's arms, away from me. This kid.

 "Don't leave this room without him again."

 "Yes ma'am." He saluted.

 I got back into bed.

 "Danni, he doesn't want to sleep in the pack n' play."

 "Just put him in between us."

  "I don't want to roll onto him."

 "You're not gonna roll onto him. I've slept in the same bed with kids before it's not hard. Just bring him over here and once he falls asleep we can put him back in the pack n play."

 He brings him over and puts him in between us.

 "He'll be fine Zak, I promise."

 He puts him down and he's still crying.

 "He's still crying."

 "I know, I can hear him, Zak," I say rubbing my temples. "You might need to change his diaper."

 "Me?"

 "I'll teach you, it's not hard."

  I go grab a diaper and start teaching.

 "Viola! All done. It wasn't too hard."

 "I guess not, it's just the smell."

 "Breathe through your mouth. Try putting him in the pack n play, he might be able to sleep there now."

 He puts him in there and almost instantly he's asleep. Then I fell asleep.

***

Don't forget to follow their Instagram!
@theredwoodsix

And my Instagram! @samisgreap

You'll get to see some pictures and videos from her life!

Including the photo of Zak and Jaxen!

642 words.