Chapter 4: Appointment

Danni

 Our first session honestly could've gone a lot worse.

 I think he picked the material up pretty quickly. I checked this morning and he had a low B in that class which honestly is pretty good for learning all of that information within five hours.

 In all honesty, I'm impressed. His hard work paid off. I don't know what got him to all of a sudden start focusing but whatever it is, it's working.

 I like to think I'm just that good of a teacher but I have zero patience when it comes to teenage boys or just teenagers in general.

 When it comes to children, my patience level increases so much. I just find children adorable and that's why I want to be an elementary school teacher.

 I am currently taking a child development class where we teach children ages three to five for three days a week. That class is the highlight of my day. I love it so much. The children just make me so happy.

 I've never heard anybody say they like kids but I love them. I don't understand what's not to like.

 Although I don't like seeing them sad it just ends up making me sad.

 Since today is Monday, I'm in my child dev class planning lessons for the week when I get a text.

 I check and of course, it's the one and only Zak, ladies and gentlemen.

Lombardi: I HAVE A B!!!

Me: I saw that 😎 I'm very proud 👏

Lombardi: I have you to thank, so thank you!

Me: you're welcome 😉

Lombardi: your use of emojis is very entertaining

Me: Glad I could be of assistance 🍤

Lombardi: a shrimp?

Me: 🍤🍤🍤

 I continue planning my lessons for the rest of the class period. When I'm done, I head to my health class.

 I sit down in my seat and start next week's work. I'm already ahead in most of my classes which is great and if I keep going then I'll end up with A+'s. I have one A+ and the rest are A-'s but I'm hoping I can get A-pluses the whole year through.

 Zak sits down next to me.

 "Whatcha doing?" He asks.

 I look up to him then back down at my work. "What does it look like?"

 "Schoolwork."

 "Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner."

 "Haha. Very funny. Smartass."

 "I know."

 "Why are you doing," he pauses to look at my work and then continues, "math work when you're in health class?"