Chapter 1: Trouble?

*This is how I picture their classroom* ^

Daniella Delgado

 "Danni?" I turn around at the sound of my name to see Zak Lombardi.

 "Yes?"

 "What's the answer to six?"

 Inhale.

 Exhale.

 Every day he asks me to do his work for him. Instead, I make him guess based on his inference skills, which are very low but that's beside the point, so I help him.

 "Since it's a multiple-choice question, how about you take a guess? Try it. Which one seems the most reasonable to you?"

 "Umm probably... I dunno, can you just tell me?"

 "No." This surprises him because I barely say no to anyone. "Take a guess and I'll tell you if you're right or not."

 "Umm A?"

 "Are you asking or telling me?"

 "A." He says confidently.

 "Now was that so hard?"

 "So I got it right?"

 "Yep."

 "Oh, yay! Thank you."

 I chuckle at his enthusiasm.

 "You're welcome."

 "Danni and Zak, can I see both of you after class?" My health teacher, Mr. Monte, says.

 Why am I in trouble for helping him? "Sure" I reply with slight disdain in my voice.

 We continue to do our worksheet with him occasionally kicking the back of my chair. My impatience growing more and more with this kid.

 He's like obsessed with irritating me for some odd reason.

 It's probably what gets him off at night, to be honest.

 With the period coming to an end, I get ready to leave. Just as I was about to leave when Monte calls my name.

 Dammit. I was hoping he forgot about that.

 "Oh right, sorry. Kinda forgot, oops." I feign innocence.

 "Yeah, sure. Whatever. Anyways, I saw you were helping this guy," he points to Zak, "with his work and somehow, you got him to actually do his work."

 I raise an eyebrow. "Yeah, and?"

 "He has been having trouble concentrating on doing his work."

 "And I'm here because?"

 "Seeing as you have straight A's I want you to tutor him. And not just for this class."

 "Uhhh..."

 "He only has one A as of right now and it's a 91." My jaw drops.

 "Say no more. I'll help him." I'd never let someone not achieve their greatest potential through their academics. I would want help if I was in his position. If he needs help, I'll give it to him.

 "That's great. He needs it."

***

I hope you enjoyed this.
Hopefully, you stick around long enough to see what's in store for these two.

390 words.