Chapter 7: Aftermath

Zak

 Callum and I worked until almost four in the morning cleaning up the mess the party-goers made. Out of now where Callum asks,

 "Do you like her?"

 "Huh?" I reply.

 "Do you like Danni?"

 "Yeah, I think she's great."

 "No, Zak, I mean do you like her?"

 "Oh, umm... I don't think so..."

 "Well, this is just in case, if you do you're one of the most trustworthy people out there so I trust you with her. Just don't hurt her. She's suffered enough in past relationships."

 "Amina told me you and Danni dated."

 "Yeah we did, I love her just not in that way. She's like my little sister."

 "Funny she said you're like her older brother."

 "I'd never let anyone hurt her again."

 "Again?"

 "If she wants to tell you she will just don't push it."

 "Okay." I nod.

 "Are you gonna stay here for the night or head home?" He asks as we walk back up the stairs.

 "I'll stay here, there's not much for me at home anyways."

 "Parents still traveling a lot?"

 "Yeah, but it's whatever."

 "You should get a dog for company."

 "I can barely take care of myself let alone a dog."

 "I think you could. C'mon, I'll get you some sweatpants from my room."

 We make our way upstairs into his room and Danni and Amina are passed out snuggled up close to each other with comfy clothes on.

 She looks so peaceful. It's cute.

 Wait, what? Why would I say that?

 Ignoring the thought, I change into some sweats and Callum gives me an extra blanket so I can sleep on the floor while he sleeps on the couch. His floor is actually kind of comfortable so I fall asleep within minutes.

***

Danni

 I wake up in the middle of the night having to pee really bad, I get up and step on something and fall right onto the floor.

 Wait this isn't the floor. Holy shit! I landed right on top of Zak.

 "Oh shit, I am so sorry. I just have to pee. I wasn't paying attention. Wait, why are you sleeping on the floor?"

 "Umm, it's where Callum said I could sleep."

 "He didn't put you in the guest room?"

 "I wasn't even aware of a guest room."

 "Well, you're not sleeping on the floor on my watch so we can go sleep in the guest room."

 "Sure." I lead him to the guest room and tell him to get comfy while I go pee.

 When I come back I climb into the bed and face the opposite direction of him.

 He rolls over and wraps his arm around my waist.

 "What're you doing?" I ask.

 "Cuddling." He replies.

 I laugh lightly. "Okay."