Chapter 8: Sleepover

*Zak's room but think black instead of white* ^

Danni

 Zak rode with one of his friends who left last night so I dropped Amina off at home and then Zak and I were on our way home.

 "Can we get food?" Zak asked.

 "What do you want?"

 "Subway."

 "I don't want to go in anywhere."

 "Okay, how about McDonald's?"

 "Sure. Why not?" I shrugged.

 I pull through the driveway and order myself a chocolate milkshake with a large fry and Zak gets a Big Mac and Coke. He ends up paying much to my protest.

 "Only fries? No soda?" He asks.

 "I don't eat their meat. I don't like it. They do have good fries though. And I don't like soda. I don't really like carbonated drinks. I'm more of a sweet tea and water kind of girl."

 "Soda is carbonated?"

 "Um, yes? How do you- what?"

 "Oh. I didn't know that."

 "No wonder you need a tutor," I whisper, hoping he didn't hear that.

 "What was that?"

 "Oh, nothing. Just talking to myself."

 "Okay." He says as I pull into his driveway. He starts getting out then pauses. "Do you- Do you want to come inside for a little?"

 "Sure," I shrug. "Just let me text my mom real quick."

 We end up watching movies in his room. He's laying on his stomach with his head towards the end of the bed and I'm right next to him except with my head at the headboard. I decided it'd be funny if I just shoved my foot into his face and I did just that.

 He glared at me and got up laying down right next to me but with his head near mine.

 "Do you think you're funny?"

 "Shh, we're watching a movie." I gave him a cheeky smile.

 He gasped and turned away from me. I roll my eyes.

 Drama queen.

 When the movie ends, I tell him I'm gonna head home.

 "Why?" He asks.

 "My mom is probably wondering where I am."

 "You texted her already though."

 "We have school tomorrow morning. And I need a shower."

 "You can shower here. I'll give you something of mine to wear to school tomorrow."

 "My school books are at home."

 "We can drive there early in the morning to get them. Plus there are trick-or-treaters out there right now and you don't want to run anyone over. Please, stay."

 "Fine, I'll stay." I send a quick text to my mom saying I'm staying over at his house and will be home early tomorrow morning.

 He gives me pajama pants that are too big for me and a t-shirt that's too small for him and I shower.

 "Do you have a hairbrush by chance?" I shout to him, so I can brush my wet hair.

 "Look under the sink." He shouts back. I bend down and see three different hair brushes and grab one.

 "Got it," I shout back.

 "Those pants are like three times your size," Zak says as soon as I walk back into his room.

 "I'll probably just end up taking them off for bed," I say.

 His eyes go wide.

 "Perv," I tell him. "Let's watch the Harry Potter movies. I haven't watched them in forever." I hop into his bed and he slides in next to me.

 "I've never seen them."

 "Not even one?"

 "Nope."

 I gasp. "We're gonna have to have a Harry Potter movie marathon since we're only gonna get through about one and a half."

 "Why are we only gonna get through one and a half?"

 "We have to wake up early tomorrow."

 "Oh right, I'll set an alarm," he says.

 I'm gonna set one too because I have a feeling he's gonna forget.

 I end up falling asleep a little over halfway through the first movie.

***

 I woke up to the sound of my alarm, not his.

 Surprise, surprise.

 "Zak, wake up."

 "Mmm."

 "Fine, I'll just go get clothes myself. You better be awake when I come back."

 I rummage through his closet and find a white hoodie with Lombardi written on the back in black. I also grab some black joggers.

 When I come back he is still sleeping.

 I go to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and come back upstairs and pour it on him.

 Should've woken up when I told him to.

 He wakes up and looks at me with a WTF face. I just shrug.

 "I need you to get me a toothbrush."

 "You could've just woken me up normally."

 "I tried that and you went right back to sleep. I'll leave your ass here and go back to school without you."

 "Fine, I'm up, I'm up." He pushes off the bed to stand up.

 "Get me a toothbrush."

 "Look under the sink." He points to the bathroom.

 "Kay, thanks now get dressed." I start to head to the bathroom but he grabs my arm.

 "You're wearing my favorite hoodie."

 "Do you want it?" I question.

 "No, you can keep it. It looks good on you."

 "I look good in anything."

 "Even a trash bag?"

 "Even a trash bag." I smile.

***

I thought this was cute

855 words.