Chapter 23: My Idiot

Danni

 Zak and I are walking to our health class with our hands connected.

 "Are you ready for our date tonight?" He asks.

 I nod. "We're going to a restaurant, right?"

 "Yeah, and someplace else too but that's a surprise."

 "What's the dress code for this place?"

 "Well, what were you gonna wear?"

 "I was leaning towards a skirt and sweater but both Amina and Rachael think they control what I wear."

 "A skirt should be fine."

 "Should be or is?"

 "Is."

 "Okay."

 We sit down in our seats. Since I have already done all of my work, I have a free period. Normally, Monte will give me a word search or something.

 I don't know if he has one or not since he's not here yet.

 "You don't actually have to do any work today, do you?" Zak asks from his seat beside me.

 "Nope."

 "Do you wanna do mine for me?"

 "No." I shake my head.

 "What if, instead of going where I want to go tonight, we can go where you want to go?"

 "We can do that but I'm still not doing your work for you." I turn my head towards him and smile.

 He presses a kiss on my lips. "Please?"

 "Still no."

 "Will you help me at least?"

 "If I think you need it, sure."

 "What if you don't think I need it but I really do need it?"

 "We have a teacher for a reason, who just happened to walk into the classroom."

 "Good morning guys. Danni, I got your word search for today. This one's a bit more difficult."

 "I'll be able to do it. I'm good at word searches."

 "I don't doubt you are. Everybody else we have a worksheet and video to watch."

 "Oh, I remember doing this. It wasn't too hard."

 "Yeah, it wasn't hard for you." One of our classmates, Ashley, says. "You're the smartest one in here."

 "She just applies herself and focuses on her studies a lot more than you guys do." Monte says.

 "Really? Because I never see her do any work."

 "I study at home in a quiet and controlled environment," I say. "It helps me a lot."

 "Do you have any free time?"

 "Not really but that's because I do other things. I have my own babysitting business, I'm an all-star cheerleader, meaning I travel for competitions a lot, I'm a sideline cheerleader who has practice four days a week and does game days, and I'm a tutor."

 "Oh, you're really goal oriented."

 "That's my girlfriend," Zak says.

 Everyone starts whispering.

 "Girlfriend?" I ask.

 "I like the sound of it. It fits you. So, will you be my girlfriend?"

 "I will, but only if you buy me chocolate."

 "Deal." He kisses me.

 "Okay, now do your work. I wanna finish this word search in record time."

 "Okay, you do that."

 I end up finishing the word search within ten minutes.

 "All done."

 "I don't have another one for you, Danni. Unless you wanna do it again?"

 "No it's okay, I'll just study for midterms."

 "Those aren't for another month."

 "I'm getting ahead and drilling it into my brain so that once midterms come I'll, hopefully, get all A's. The only thing I might have trouble with is history so I'm studying extra hard for that one."

 "You're like a teen einstein. I wish your classmates were like that. Instead, we've got dumb and dumber." He points to Zak and Ashley.

 "Don't say that, Ashley's not dumb."

 "I guess not but this guy is." He says pointing to Zak.

 "Oh yeah, he's a real idiot," I turn and give him a kiss on the cheek.

 "But he's my idiot."

***

 "PDA is unwelcome here," Amina says as she approaches my car.

 Zak and I pull away from each other.

 "You're a real cockblocker, y'know that?" Zak says.

 "I know. Right now it's my turn to spend time with her but don't worry, you have her later tonight."

 "Okay, bye guys. I'll see you at seven." Zak says and leaves.

 "Don't look at me like that," I say to Amina.

 "Now that you guys are together, you can't keep your hands to yourselves." She says.

 "Yes, we can. We just prefer not to." I say getting into my car.

 "So, are you gonna have sex with him or?"

 "Amina!" I shout pulling out of the lot.

***

Both Amina and Rachael have such strong personalities

731 words.