My Most Precious Wife (Okita Sougo)

Start from the beginning

"How can I help 'ya today, Mr. Shinsengumi Captain?"

"I...need your help."

"So....I just pull on this and it will take me back in time?" Sougo dubiously asked Gengai and he nodded.

"Yeah! I tweaked it up pretty fast so it will work only after 1 whole week again, when you're ready to come back, just do the same thing you did before."

Sougo gazed at the device in his hands— there was nothing else that mattered to him but her.

"It's alright," He spoke to himself assuringly.

"There's nothing left for me here without you anyways, (Y/N)."

"What's taking her so long?"

Sougo pouts, sitting on their couch— now changed into his casual clothes, pulling his scarf up he sighs as he stands up.

He starts making his way to the door but just before he could open it the door opened.

"(Y/N)? What took you so long—"

"Captain Okita...."

However, instead of his wife— Yamazaki was the one who appeared before him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Sougo's face immediately turned sour at the sight of Yamazaki.

But Yamazaki's grim expression told him that he wasn't there to joke around.

"Captain Okita....your wife was...uh...."

Yamazaki fidgets nervously, he definitely looked like someone who was there to deliver bad news.

"Take me there."

Sougo's tone had completely changed to that of a serious one, pulling his long hair into a tight ponytail he hurried after Yamazaki.

After a long while, Sougo found himself in a place that was all too familiar to him.

It was their home— a place they shared as husband and wife.

"Hm...I feel like Sou-kun's hair would be a little bit longer here...."

Sougo stopped in his tracks, his eyes going wide. He looked like he was about to cry.

"You're right here, my love....Alive and well, right here..." He croaks out softly with a soft smile on his lips as he gazes at her lovingly.

"(Y/N)?....."

Sougo's face mirrored the exact meaning of despair as he fell to his knees.

"That's.....This must be....a dream, right?"

He asked, voice laced with disbelief.

"That's.....—That's not really my wife lying there in that pool of blood right?"

"Sougo," Hijikata looked like he just finished crying too.

"No, that's not her. Bring her out, where is she?" Sougo looked around crazily, searching for her.

— searching for his wife, who should be alive and well.

Sougo looked down and bit his lip, as he clutched his scarf with one hand tightly. His eyes falling on the sight in front of him, cordoned with that yellow police tape.