"And now, here you are, getting in the way of this honorable patient's resting minutes, only to seek for an advice that would hopefully lead to repair your relationship with that bodyguard of yours—"

To switch back to the present, an albino whose irises sparkled in a deep, jewel blue color, uttered and began to finish his statement.

"Did I get the gist of it?", Noah questioned, twitching his eyebrows at the sight of the annoyance addressed by my name, who sat beside the bed that he rested his legs onto.

"As expected, I picked the right person for this job. How admirable of you, Your Highness.", I synced the compliments with an empty smile directed at him.

Right next to my finished praises, he passively clicked his tongue while averting his gaze from my side, trying to irritate me for the least of his repayment. From this observation, rather than falling into the trap that he's set for my sake, I felt faint senses of relief, whether unconsciously or not.

After all, it was none other than a piece of evidence that he has been successfully regaining his stable condition from the nightmarish effect laid by the poisoned arrow.

The disaster has passed, so naturally, Natasha would've felt at ease more than anyone else in our group after having learnt of this fact—

Or so I would've speculated without much thought by now, but I could no longer bear to not doubt my old notions about the same person when taking into account the way she spoke about unusual things with me, for one time.

The current me could only patiently wonder in regards of the way she would react to Noah's improving state at the moment, if she were to express her true self before my eyes once again.

"Like I'd know a thing when it comes to that component.", as if it was to mutually give an answer to the other concern that I poured my worries into, the bedridden prince straightforwardly gave his answer in terms of the initial issue I consulted with him, which I retailed with certain parts left unsaid due to the confidentiality.

Since I couldn't catch the exact meaning behind those words because of how I have been side-tracked partway, I helplessly replied in a dumbfounded manner.

"...I beg your pardon?", I left my eyes widened for a while in a spur of the moment.

Contrasting to my response, the mean look written on Noah's face evolved further with the way he furrowed his brows and narrowed his eyes at the reflection of my figure, which borrowed the position around the corner of his view.

"I'm telling you; Aiden and I are two different people. We vary by status, blood, appearance, nature, and many more. Which is also why—"

"Just as how I can't relate with the affectionate emotions that he upheld toward a woman with no charms like you, I can never weave an answer that will correct things all accordingly to the satisfaction of you both."

He briefly elaborated the fact that he could never be capable of considering Aiden's feelings into the matter for as long as he wasn't so familiar of his internal mindset, that he could draw a flawless guideline for a good conclusion between him and I. And that would've most likely applied the same way even if I insisted of receiving a vague suggestion from Noah, by featuring him as a person of the same gender as the guy at the center of our conversation.

But even after being told off by the man in front of me at present with such a meaningful statement, I felt neither convinced, nor discontented of it. All that's ascended in my mind was the phrase that stated, 'As I thought...', as though I've long noticed the points that the prince just told me.

But even though I've made myself ascertained of his views which were actually consistent enough to mine, sparks still couldn't be ignited within me.

Like something was missing. Like I sought for a more different answer.

The haze that blinded my sight has yet to be cleared.

"What? Do you disapprove of my opinion?"

I made haste at covering up my exterior with my usual smiley mask.

"No. It was overflowing of magnificence.", I replied, and calmly broke free from the surface of the chair.

Thereafter, I lowered my head to speak of my sincerest gratitude out of the utter disappointment that gathered around my sense of taste, unbeknownst to the all high and mighty prince before my presence.

"Thank you for allowing me to hear of your thoughts. May your highness successfully overcome the obstacles that surround your recuperation.", I went after the formalities of taking one's leave along the process, hoping to be excused with a piece of acting of a someone that seemed to look forward about pouring the effectiveness of his advice, into action.

And amid a moment after I rushed my legs over the front of the closed door, Noah's voice reached out to me all of a sudden, to prevent my movements for a perception of a word or two.

"Hold up.", he yelled, then verbalized the rest of the purpose of making me wait this way.

"Didn't a conflict also arise between you and Natasha?"

I gently turned my head to have a look at his doubtful face, which partly threw daggers at my direction, although indirectly.

I made sure to not waver, either to keep things out of any more troublesome predicaments, and to drift along the promised agreement that I had with the person in question.

"Did the lady perhaps, appeared to trouble herself about something?"

"I must say, she did. Although, it all comes from my trivial hunches, as it seems.", he smirked sarcastically, doubting me even more so from the way I answered in a method of asking of his dear maiden's current state.

Thoroughly turning my back from the perspective of his scenery, I closed my eyes for a while as I beamingly spoke of my response.

"Unfortunately for you, I deem myself to be lacking of involvement in that matter. If ever there's something I can say to flex a fragment of my awareness–", I continued to move my lips after a brief pause in less than a second.

"I suppose, I would regard of how the winter this time around would be much colder compared to those of the past few years."

Finishing that sentence, I laid my hands on the handle of one of the double doors that stood just in front of my eyes, then looked back at the bedridden man far behind my figure to murmur about my playful, final words to him.

"I plead of you to refrain of suing me for having copyrighted issues with that last phrase of mine."

"Your Highness."

Though I ended up using a peculiar procedure at describing such factor, I have certainly left the trails that would lead him to think of how I found the referred statement from a person he was very familiar with.

And as I stepped outside the range that covered the bounds of his room, our meeting officially reached its own endpoint, with me proclaiming that I'd prefer staying as an outsider in our eerie topic.