Chapter Twenty Three - Exile

Start from the beginning

"I've never been to Midgard before," She stated unhappily. 

"It gets better than this, honest," I said, as I knew that our current location wasn't the most appealing. She looked at me with disbelieving eyes. I sighed and grabbed her wrist, teleporting us to New York City. 

+*+*+

Fury's View - SHIELD Headquarters; New York

"Director Fury, we have just been alerted of a foreign disturbance in New Mexico. The pattern is from the Bifrost," An agent called to me. I spun around to face them. Richards causing trouble as usual. She was more trouble than she was worth nowadays, yes she was great when she wanted to be, but she was so unreliable that it would be more use if I had a trained monkey in her place at times. 

"Is it Agent Richards?" I asked, lazily. The agent, who actually looked fairly scared of me, nodded. I sighed and dismissively waved him off. 

"Yes it is Agent Richards, but she has somebody with her. There are two traceable patterns within the boundaries. There are two people there," He said, stuttering slightly as he spoke. I stopped dead at this. If she has brought Loki back here with her I will personally murder her and her fucking boyfriend on the spot! 

"Is it Loki?" I asked, immediately. He shook his head. 

"No. Everybody has individual energy signatures. We have Agent Richards', Loki's and Thor's saved in our databases. We also saved Lady Sif and The Warrior's Three's signatures when they arrived here. The only signature that matched was Agent Richards'," I groaned to myself and hid my face in my hands. 

"Where are they?" I asked. 

"Well they were in New Mexico but..." 

"But what?"

"Agent Richards has teleported them somewhere."

"Track them then for God's sake!"

"Oh right. Yes. Of course," The timid agent said, running to a nearby computer and typing furiously on the keyboards. He furrowed his eyebrows at the screen for a moment before reading off the information. "I've tracked Agent Richards' location. She's back in New York. Times Square." 

"Get CCTV up. Now."

"Yes, Director." 

We waited for a while, whilst the young man accessed every CCTV camera in Times Square. He pinpointed Richards and her new friend. He zoomed into their faces, and set a tracking alert to both of them. He then zoomed in onto Richards' acquaintance's face. She was blonde, pretty and athletic. I expected, being from Asgard, similar armour to Thor or Loki, but instead she just wore a simple white top with black pants. Richards was wearing similar but in slightly different colours. 

"Save her signature. Tag her as unknown, for now," I said, moving away from the desk in which the young agent was standing over. I pressed a finger onto my earpiece and waited for a response.

"Nicky! Lovely to hear from you," The voice rang sarcastically through my ear, I had to refrain myself from swearing. 

"This is no time for jokes, Stark. I have a job for you." 

"I'm busy."

"I don't care," I snapped impatiently. 

"Get Capsicle to do it."

"He's busy." 

"Oh so you care about him and not me? I smell favouritism, Nicky." 

"Then at least we know your sense of smell is in perfect condition. I need you to go into Times Square and find Agent Richards and her new acquaintance. I need them both here and I doubt Richards is going to come of her own accord. It's important." 

"An acquaitance? Loki?"

"No not God damn Loki, Stark. It's a woman." 

"Right. Well in that case, I'll be right there," He said, before cutting off the connection. I groaned to myself. You know you're desperate when your last resort is requesting a favour from Tony Stark. But  this couldn't wait. I couldn't risk Ava returning to Asgard. I need her here and I need information on her new friend; I'm not having aliens roaming around my planet without identification, and unfortunately the only way I could get them here was by using Tony Stark. 

+*+*+

Ava's View 

"This is Times Square," I stated, as I guided Sondra through the crowds of bustling people and flashing lights. I also had to prevent her from running out in front of a car a few times too. 

"What are those beasts that keep trying to flatten me?" 

"They're called cars, Sondra," I said, tiredly. We'd been here for at least half an hour now and seemingly, Sondra knew absolutely nothing about anything human. Apart from what we looked like. We wandered around New York  for a while, and Sondra was ridiculously pointing out things that she didn't know about. Which was literally everything. 

After about an hour of waking around, and Sondra dragging me into various shops that she was intrigued by, which by the way, included  a Disney Shop, we decided that we should call it a day and return to my apartment. It was at that moment that a red and gold blur sped over us. I let out a groan and Sondra just looked at me with a puzzled expression. 

"What's wrong?" She asked me. 

"You'll see," I said, and right on cue, Tony landed himself in front of us. 

"Afternoon, Ladies," He said, retracting his mask to reveal his face. He winked at me and then gave us both a winning smile. God help me.