Chapter Twenty Three - Exile

Start from the beginning

"But Odin-" Will began, his voice so quiet compared to the rest of us. He was silenced by a deathly glare from Odin.

"You are to be exiled right now, at this moment. Count yourselves lucky I am banishing you to a realm of which one of you is familiar with. I could have sent you to Niflheim and let you fend for yourselves amongst the unknown. I'm letting you off lightly," He stated, as if he was doing us a favour. Neither of us said a word. "Step forward," He snapped, and when we didn't move an inch he grabbed us forward by our shoulders and began to basically degrade us. 

"Ava Richards, former fiancee of Loki, I hereby sentence you to exile from the realm of Asgard and you are never to set foot upon our ground until I give the express command to do otherwise. You are unworthy of the armour you wear upon your body and the sword you wield in your hands, I hereby strip you of  the armour, the weapons you possess  and your residence on Asgard," He said, and the armour that was plated onto me was dragged from me by strong, invisible forces. The forces dragged the metal and chains from my body with such force I was brought stumbling to my knees and I saved myself from falling on my face with my hands. 

"You can't do this..." I began, but as well as taking my armour and my sword, the invisible powers seemed to be draining me of all the energy I had. With some effort, I managed to push myself up from the floor and stand upright once again, it was at this moment that Odin began to strip Sondra of her worth. 

"Sondra, daughter of Lord Serith, I hereby sentence you to exile from the realm of Asgard and you are never to set foot upon our ground until I give the express command to do otherwise. You are unworthy of your armour and that sword you bear with your family's name upon it. You disgrace their name. You disgrace their honour, Sondra. 

"No! You are not taking my sword!" She screeched, as the invisible force took her armour and attempted to take her sword. But she clung to it as if her life depended on it. Odin sighed and clasped his hands around the golden hilt. 

"Your family would be hugely disappointed in you, Sondra. You are unworthy of their noble and honourary name. Your father was a magnificent warrior and your mother was a wonderful healer. I can only wonder what went wrong with you," He said, almost sickeningly down her ear. He placed one hand on her shoulder but she shook him off violently, still trying to pry his hands from her sword. 

"Let go of me! You can't take my sword!" She yelled, now screaming straight in his face. 

"I can and I must. You are not worthy of Senrith's name and therefore his sword, decorated with his name and legacy, must be taken from you," Odin said, matter of factly. Sondra's grip loosened around the sword and Odin took it swiftly away from her.  At this point, Sondra had broken down into tears and everybody present was momentarily shocked. None of us had ever seen her cry before. Everybody had now seen Loki and I cry, but never Sondra. She still tried to grab her sword back of Odin but her attempts were weak and frankly useless. 

"No...please..." She started but her own words simply faded away as she said them. Odin turned his back on the two of us and nodded towards Heimdall. Heimdall gave a curt nod, a mouthing of 'Sorry' to Sondra and I, before moving towards the centre of the Bifrost and raising his sword to commence our exile. Thor and Will shouted in protest but nobody listened to them. Loki didn't say a word, he jsut stared with glassy eyes. 

In a blink of an eye, Thor and Will's protesting had faded away, the image of Loki's vacant gaze and Heimdall's quiet apology vanished as Sondra and I were temporarily blinded by the Bifrost's bright lights. Lights danced in front of us as usual and rendered us dizzy as our feet hit the ground of Midgard. 

Sondra fell, once again, due to the dizziness inflicted by the journey and I pulled her up by her arm like I had in Jotunheim. She dusted herself down before staring around her for a moment. We'd been dropped into New Mexico, exactly where Thor had been previously exiled to. I sighed. Where we were was just a huge, dusty... wasteland. Sondra looked around and stared blankly.