46

You let out a soft sigh as you take one last glance at the picture frame sitting on your desk. Nodding your head, you grab your bag and start exiting your apartment to meet with Jisoo.

Once you're out of your apartment, you enter the elevator and press the button leading to the lobby.

After this, you wait outside of the apartment building.

Jisoo: Just got a taxi. On my way to pick you up!

Y/N: See you soon!

You look around and patiently wait for the taxi.

After a few minutes, the taxi arrives and you smile as you see Jisoo leaning out of the window slightly. She waves her hand in your direction, signaling for you to go over to the taxi.

You make your way towards the taxi and plop down on the seat next to her.

"To the restaurant please!" she says to the driver. He nods before letting out a sigh. "I'm already dreading being home. I always say I miss being home while we're travelling but every time we end up back here, it feels like I'm a background character in a movie that no one ever pays attention to." You let out a soft laugh as she says this before rolling your eyes.

"I love being home with my parents' things but it makes it so much easier to feel alone." You state, tilting your head to the side as you stare down at your feet.

Jisoo stares over at you before giving a comforting smile. She rests her hand on your shoulder.

"Hey, at least our breaks are at the same time now and I can cheer you up when you're feeling lonely." She states. You shrug and nod before sighing softly.

"Don't you think I should learn to be okay with being alone though?" you question.

"Why would you need to learn that?" she questions. "You've been alone since you started working, I think that's more than enough time of you spending your life sad. You're acting as if you rely on others for happiness." She states.

"It feels like I do sometimes." You respond.

"You don't." she states. "You know how to be happy without others near you all the time."

"Yeah, when I'm holding a stuffed animal that my dad got me when I was little," you state. "Or when I'm looking at old pictures of my family."

"It's not like doing that is unhealthy, Y/N." she states. "There isn't a set time period for grief. You need to realize that everyone grieves in their own way at their own pace." She advises.

You grow quiet as you think about this.

Is it normal though?

The only thing keeping me happy lately has been Hoseok, the guys, and Jisoo. I can't help but feel like I'm using them for my happiness.

"If it worries you so much, you have a few weeks to talk to someone about it." She says while looking over at you as you silently stare out of the taxi window, deep in thought. "I know you didn't like your last therapist but you have time to research some new therapists and find the right fit for you."

"That's true..." you state.

"Alright, we're here." The taxi driver states. Jisoo smiles and politely thanks him before handing him enough money for the ride along with a decent tip.