169

Ki ended up sleeping for a while before the doctor came in to check her.

"Okay, you're six centimeters which is good. How are you feeling?" The doctor asked as Ki sighed.

"I feel like I've been in labor for years." Ki said as the doctor laughed.

"It's been 5 hours, we're not even started." She said as I nodded. "I was in labor for forever." I said as Colby laughed.

"It was like 10 hours, V." He said and nudged my shoulder. "Whatever. It felt like forever." I said then crossed my arms. "Exactly. Violet gets it." Ki said and pointed to me.

"Luckily you are progressing nicely. It shouldn't be too much longer. You're over halfway there!" The doctor said and put her fists in the air, showing she was cheering.

"Why don't you just stick a clamp in there and pry it open?" Ki asked causing both Shawn and Colby to cringe. "It's almost like you want to tear." I said with a laugh.

"No, I just want to eat those pickles."Ki said then pointed to the jar of pickles next to her bed.

"That's fucking gross." Colby grumbled and crossed his arms. "Cole, stop it." I said with a laugh then grabbed my phone.

"I'll be back in a little bit." The doctor said then left the room. "I think the girls are probably awake or about to be awake so I'm gonna tell Sam and Kat to come here." I said then started texting Sam.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. They're on their way." Colby said as I nodded. "Perfect. Now you don't have to wait. You can proceed with the birth." I said causing Ki to roll her eyes.

"Yeah, right. We were totally waiting for Sam and Kat to come. That's what it was." Ki said sarcastically as she rubbed her belly.

"Come on, kid. We want to meet you." She said and looked at Shawn. "We should go." Colby said quietly to me. "Yeah." I agreed then stood up.

"We're gonna go wait for Sam and Kat in the waiting room so you can have some time together." I said as Colby stood up.

"You can't leave me." Ki said and pouted her lip. "I'll be in the lobby, just call me and I'll come back. You're gonna be okay." I said and took her hand, squeezing it.

"Okay...thanks for being here with us guys. I really do love you both." She said as Shawn nodded in agreement. "We really need to go, Ki is getting mushy about me and it's freaking me out." Colby teased.

"Oh, fuck you." Ki said with a laugh as she flipped him off. "There she is. We'll be back later." Colby said then wrapped his arm around my waist and led me out of the room.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as we walked towards the lobby. "I'm good. Tired." I said with a yawn. "How's the hangover?" He asked with a laugh.

"Better, thank god. I didn't expect to be hungover when Ki went into labor but I guess that was dumb of me." I said as we walked into the lobby.

"Yeah, I always knew this would happen in the most chaotic way." Colby said as we sat down.

We sat in the waiting room for a little while before Sam and Kat came into the room with Nova and Luna.

"Hi, babies!" I said happily as she smiled and reached for me. "I know, it's crazy that mommy and daddy were gone when you woke up." I said and took both of the girls from Sam and Kat.

"You're gonna meet your cousin today though! Are you excited?" I asked as they both smiled and leaned into my chest. "Yeah, I missed you too." I said then turned turn sit next to Colby again.