34

I woke up in the morning to the girls crying in the other room. "Here we go." I mumbled then rolled out of bed.

I walked to the nursery then grabbed the girls. "Alright cuties. Day two. We can do this." I said then went to get them changed.

Once they were changed I sat in the rocking chair and fed them. I wanted to call Colby since I told him I would when I woke up but it was still early and I wanted to make sure he slept.

I knew that he was in a different time zone but I didn't know what their itinerary for the day was.

"Okay girls, let's snuggle." I said once they were done burping. Nova looked up at me blankly as Luna laid her head on her chest.

"Did you want to go back to sleep?" I asked as she yawned. "You can, I won't be mad." I said and rubbed her hair down as Luna fell asleep against my chest.

Nova smiled slightly at me before resting her head on my chest.

I sat there with them for a while so they could sleep. There was honestly nothing I loved more than moments like this where the girls would cuddle into me.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing, signaling that someone was trying to FaceTime me.

I grinned and carefully reached over so I could answer without waking the girls. "Hi, love." I said quietly as Colby's picture loaded on the screen.

"Hi, baby. Are the girls sleeping?" He asked quietly as I nodded. "Yeah they woke me up so we could cuddle." I whispered as he smiled. "God, I love you girls." He said quietly as I smiled.

"We love you, too. What are you up to today?" I asked as Luna fussed slightly. "Shh..." I said and rubbed her back gently.

"We're at Dracula's Castle today." Colby said turned around, showing me the beautiful building behind him.

"That sounds so fun." I said with a smile as he grinned. "I wish you could see it, V. It's so much cooler on the inside." He said with a wide smile.

"I expect some pictures of it." I said as he nodded. "Will do. What are you going to do today?" He asked as I sighed.

"I'm not sure. Kat is here so we might go do something but we haven't talked about it." I said as Nova fussed, crying slightly.

"It's okay." I shushed as she started crying. "Shit, hold on babe." I said then put the phone down so I could comfort her.

"Did we wake you?" I asked as Luna started crying, too. "Oh no." I mumbled then stood up so I could bounce them. It took a little while of bouncing and cooing before both of them were calmed down.

"Did you guys want to see daddy? He's on the phone." I said then maneuvered them so they would both be in my right arm so I could grab my phone. "Look! It's daddy!" I said and held up the phone.

"Hi, sweethearts!" Colby cooed as they looked at the phone and giggled. "Yeah!" I said with a laugh as he waved at them.

"Hey, man. They're ready for us." Sam said on the other end as Colby nodded. "Okay, I have to go V." He said as I nodded.

"Call me when you can, I love you." I said as he smiled. "I love you, too. Bye girls, daddy loves you." He said as the girls cooed. "Say bye!" I said and bounced them. "Bye!" Colby said then hung up.

"Alright, girls. Let's get on with our day." I said then walked them over to the changing table. I got them ready for the day then made my way downstairs so I could eat.

When I got downstairs, Kat was sitting at the table with a couple bags of Dunkin in front of her. "You ordered breakfast?" I asked as she nodded.

"Yeah, we don't have time to make breakfast." She said as I squinted. "What do you mean?" I asked as she giggled.