1

Welcome to the fourth book of the Lucky series, hope you enjoy.

"Sam and I are going back to the asylum." Colby said causing a shiver to run down my spine.

"What the fuck do you mean you're going back to the asylum?" I asked, staring at him in disbelief. "We've went almost everywhere else..we thought it should be the next place to go." He said as I shook my head.

"I'm coming with." I said as he shook his head. "No the hell you're not." Colby said as I crossed my arms. "Then you're not going either." I said as he shook his head. "Don't do this, Violet." He said as I scoffed.

"Don't do what?! You said you would never go back there. You know what's in that place." I said as he sighed. "I said that you would never go back." He said as I raised my brows.

"Well you aren't going without me. Not to that place. That's where I'm drawing the line." I said as he sat down next to me.

"We're going to be fine, babe. Sam and I are more experienced than when we went last time." Colby explained as he took my hand. "You can't see dead people like I can, Colby. I can actually protect you this time." I said as he shook his head.

"Whatever is there tried to kill you, Violet. You're not going back and that's final." He said as I clenched my jaw. "No, it's not final." I said and stood up, glaring at him. "Yes. It is." Colby said as I rolled my eyes.

"Fine." I said then turned on my heal and stormed out of the room. "Come on, Vi. Please understand where I'm coming from." Colby said as I walked up the stairs. "I understand." I snapped then walked towards the bedroom.

The truth was that I understood where he was coming from but I was scared shitless of where he was wanting to go.

We have been to haunted and scary places throughout the years but nothing was scarier than the asylum.

I was also angry that Colby wasn't even hearing me out. I was angry that he decided for me that I wasn't allowed to come.

"What are you doing?" Colby asked as I grabbed a blanket. "I'm sleeping in the guest room." I said as he groaned.

"Don't do this, V." He said as I shook my head. "Just give me space right now, dude." I said then turned and left the room.

I hated arguing with Colby but the fact that he was being so nonchalant about this made me so angry. The fact that he was unwilling to let me come was pissing me off more.

I knew he was just trying to protect me but the last time we went to the asylum I didn't know about my abilities. I obviously saw and heard things when we went but now I knew more about my abilities than ever before.

I could try to protect them.

When I got to the guest room that was downstairs I fluffed the blanket out onto the bed then laid down. I huffed out a breath as the annoyance bubbled in my chest.

I wasn't so annoyed that they were going back to the asylum but I was more angry that Colby wouldn't hear me out.

That shit just pissed me off.

I ended up laying in bed, staring up at the ceiling for a while before I decided to go into the kitchen so I could bake something.

I wasn't necessarily in a crisis but I was definitely pissed off and needed to let out some steam. When I got to the kitchen I pulled stuff out to make cookies since it was easy and didn't require a lot of thinking.

I let myself zone out as I aimlessly made the dough, letting my frustrations melt away. I was almost done with the dough when I heard Nova crying through the baby monitor that we had in the kitchen.