47

Colby and I spent the next couple days in the cabin. We basically just chilled and hung around, spending time with each other.

I was excited to go back home to be with the girls but I wasn't looking forward to leaving the snowy wonderland that we were in.

"I'm sad." I said to Colby as we packed our stuff up. "I know, baby. I wish we could live somewhere with snow." He said then zipped his bag up.

"It would be nice, but I know LA is the land of opportunities for you." I said as he sighed.

"Kinda. I hate that we have to raise our kids there. I don't want them to become like everyone else in LA." He said as I zipped my bag up.

"They won't, because we are raising them. They'll be adventures intellectuals with great humor." I said and stood up.

"Yeah, and they're gonna be little heartbreakers." Colby said as I breathed a laugh. "Yeah, and they'll never be able to date anyone." I said as Colby shook his head. "Never." He said as I giggled.

"Come on, dork. I wanna hug the girls." I said then turned to leave the room. Colby followed me and grabbed my bag. "Goodbye, cabin." I said as we walked to the front door. "Goodbye, cabin." Colby said with a laugh.

"Thanks for the romantic getaway." I said with a smile as we got in the car. "You're welcome, baby. I'm sorry we can't do things like this more often." Colby said then got in the car.

"It's okay. I love that we don't get to do it often, it just makes it more special." I said as he took my hand.

"I guess you're right." Colby said then started driving us home. I tried to stay awake on the drive home so I could keep Colby company.

I ended up scrolling through my phone since I really haven't been on any social medias in a couple days.

As I scrolled through Twitter I got a text from Ellen, my lawyer from the Peter case.

Hi Violet. I just heard the news and am sending you prayers and well wishes. Let me know if you need anything.

"That's so weird..." I mumbled as Colby looked over at me. "Everything okay?" He asked as I looked up. "Ellen just texted me...she said she just heard the news. What news?" I asked as he sucked in a breath.

"What news, Colby?" I asked and pulled my hand from his. "I just don't want you to worry about it." He said quietly as I clenched my jaw. "Did something happen with Peter?" I asked as he chewed his lip.

"Colby." I said harshly as he sighed. "A police officer came to the house asking if he had come by because he escaped while doing community service." He said as anger and fear boiled in me.

"And you didn't think to tell me?!" I asked as he tried to take my hand again.

"Sam took the girls to a hotel a couple hours away. I didn't want to worry you because I knew they were safe." He said as I pulled my hand back. "You're on fucking crack." I hissed and crossed my arms over my chest.

"V..." Colby said as I shook my head. "I am so fucking mad at you right now." I said then texted Sam, asking him if the girls were still safe.

"I'm sorry, Violet. I was going to tell you earlier but I didn't want to stress you out." Colby said gently as I huffed a breath.

"Well I'm stressed now and I'm pissed. I need to be with the girls. Right now." I said as he reached over and took my hand, forcing me to unfold my arms.

"We're going to the hotel right now and we'll stay there until he's back in prison. I'm gonna protect you and the girls. I promise." Colby said and rubbed my hand with his thumb.