22

"Sweetie...sit up." The priest said as I slumped in the chair. I was still trying to catch my breath as my head ached.

"Violet..." Colby said quietly as he crouched in front of me. "Just a minute." I whispered as my hands trembled in the restraints.

"Can we unlatch her?" Colby asked the priest as I closed my eyes. My stomach was no longer hurting but my head was throbbing. "Yeah, we can." He said then carefully undid my arms from the chair.

"Come here." Colby said quietly then wrapped his arms around me. I sighed then wrapped my arms around him, hiding my face in his shoulder. "Are you okay, V?" Sam asked as I nodded slowly.

I felt a sense of relief that I haven't had since we got back from the asylum, but I was exhausted from all of the energy it took for the demon to go away.

"It's okay now, baby. It's over." Colby said as he scratched my back. "M'tired." I mumbled as the priest undid the latches on my ankles.

"I know, we're gonna go home and you're gonna rest." Colby said quietly as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"Okay." I whispered then pulled away from him. "Are you feeling okay?" The priest asked as Sam looked at me cautiously. "Yeah, I just have a headache but I feel relief." I said and brushed my hair behind my ears.

"That's good. That demon was much more powerful than I have ever seen before." The priest said as Colby helped me stand up.

"Does this mean it's gone for forever? Or did it just go back to where it came from?" Sam asked as the priest shook his head.

"It goes back to hell." He said simply as I nodded. "Gnarly." I said as Colby breathed a laugh. "Gnarly?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah." I said then looked at the priest.

"Thank you for doing this and helping me." I said as he grinned. "It's my pleasure. I'm going to send you home with some holy water so you can cleanse yourself and your home just in case." He explained then reached for a vile of water.

"Thank you." Colby said then took the water from him. "Ready?" Sam asked as he looked at us. "Yeah, I'm tried." I said quietly and took Colby's hand. "Let's go." Colby said then led the way.

When we got to the car I yawned and opened the back door. "So, how did it feel?" Sam asked as he looked back at me.

"Uh....well it felt like a demon was dying to squeeze my brain out of my skull." I said and leaned my head against the window.

"That sounds painful as hell." Sam said as Colby started driving us back to the trap house. "Yeah, it wasn't comfortable." I said with a yawn.

"I'm just glad it's over." Colby said as Sam nodded. "I think it's safe to say we will never go to that asylum ever again." He said as I breathed a laugh.

"It's not like there will be any spirits there anymore." I said with a grin. "So you really think it worked?" Sam asked as I nodded.

"I watched them all go through. They're finally free." I said and twisted my necklace. "That's honestly amazing that you could do that." Sam said as I nodded. "Yeah, it's pretty amazing." I mumbled as my eyes drooped.

I ended up falling asleep against the window as Colby drove.

I wanted to wait until we got back to our place but the exorcism really took all of my energy from me.

I woke up to Colby pulling me out of the car gently. "Hmm?" I hummed as he pulled me into his chest.

"Shhh, we're home. I'm just bringing you inside." He said quietly as I nodded and cuddled into him.