132

When we got back to the cabin we fed the girls then put them down for their nap.

"That really tuckered them out." Colby said as I nodded and caressed Nova's cheek gently as she slept.

"Yeah, they had fun." I said with a sigh then stood up straight. "I'm hungry." I said then turned to leave the room.

Colby followed me into the kitchen then wrapped his arms around my waist. I flinched slightly at his touch causing him to gasp.

"Sorry, I forgot." He said as I shook my head. "I don't want it to be like this.."I said quietly and turned to him.

"You can't help how you feel, V. I just don't want to push you." Colby said as I walked over to the cabinet.

"You're not doing anything wrong, Colby. This is just a very unique situation that we'll have to get through." I said and gave him a reassuring smile.

"And we will. We'll get through it together like we always do." Colby said as I nodded.

"We will." I said then grabbed a box of mac and cheese so I could make that for dinner.

"Want me to help?" Colby asked as I nodded. "Sure. Can you grab a pot and fill it with water?" I asked as he nodded.

"I can do that." He said then went over to the cabinet so she could grab a pot.

I watched him as he grabbed it and went to fill it with water. "What are you looking at?" He asked with a hint of anger in his voice.

"Oh...uh...you?" I asked as his jaw clenched. "Don't fucking look at me." He said then charged at me, holding the pot up so he could hit me.

I let out a short scream then covered my eyes. "Violet?" Colby asked, pulling me from my haze.

"I think we should move." I said, avoiding the problem that was me imagining him hurting me.

"Huh?" Colby asked as I bit my lip. "Yeah. I think we should move....our house has too much darkness." I said quietly and looked up at him.

"Yeah, we can start looking when we get back to LA. How does that sound?" He asked as I nodded. "I think that's a great idea." I said then turned my back to him.

I looked down at my hands, noticing they were now trembling. I felt ashamed that I was scaring myself so much.

It felt like I was in an abusive relationship that I wasn't actually in.

"Do you have any preference as to where you want to look for a house?" Colby asked as I shrugged.

"Maybe closer to Ki's place. I have a feeling when she gives birth we'll be over there a lot. Plus it's closer to Sam and Kat's place." I said as he nodded.

"That's not a bad idea." He said as I boiled the pasta. "I can't wait to find out what Ki is having." I said with a sigh.

"What if it's twins?" Colby teased as I shook my head. "She would die. The girls would love it though." I said with a small smile.

"Yeah, I think it would be funny." Colby said as I smiled. "Yeah, she would lose her mind." I said with a laugh. "Yeah, she really would." He said with a grin.

We spent the next couple minutes making dinner. When it was done we ate and just talked.

I was trying to get through the extreme emotions I was feeling but it was hard.

Colby and I ended up spending the rest of the night hanging out because the girls were out like lights. Sledding really took it out of them.

"Do you want me to sleep in here with you or do you want me to sleep on the couch?" Colby asked gently as I got changed.