48

"So what are we supposed to do? Just wait until they find him? How will we even know when that is?" I asked as I fed the girls.

"The officer that stopped by gave me his contact information in case we see Peter." Sam explained as I nodded.

"It makes me nervous." I said quietly as Kat sat next to me. "We aren't going anywhere so if he finds you he's gonna have to get through us." She said as Colby wrapped his arm around me.

"That's true. We're gonna take care of you." He said and kissed my head.

"Thanks guys." I said and looked down at the girls as they finished eating. "Did you want us to stay in this room or do you want us to get a separate room?" Sam asked as I looked at Colby.

"It's up to you, man." Colby said as he took Luna from me so he could burp her.

"Okay, we can get another room to sleep in. I think it'll be more comfortable. Come on, Kat." Sam said and held his hand out to her. "We'll be right back." Kat said as they left the room.

"Are you still mad at me?" Colby asked as I shook my head. "No, I'm just nervous." I said quietly as I burped Nova. "I know, love. I'm gonna get in contact with the officer and ask him if he can give us updates." Colby said as I nodded.

"I just don't think it's a viable option to raise the girls in a hotel room...especially when we don't when we can leave." I said quietly and ran my fingers through Nova's hair.

"I know it's not ideal but if it's going to keep you and them safe, then we are going to do that." Colby said as I nodded.

"I also just feel like this should have been prevented. How the hell did he escape?" I asked as Nova burped.

"I don't know, I'm just as mad about it as you are, if not more." He said as I put a pacifier in Nova's mouth.

"This is a nightmare." I mumbled as he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me close. "I know. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you though." He said and kissed my head. "I love you." I whispered and cuddled into him.

"I love you, too. I promise if I see him, I'll kill him." He said as I breathed a laugh.

"Maybe let's not get sent back to jail." I said then stood up so I could rock Nova to sleep. "It would be self defense." Colby said as I chuckled.

"Yeah, sure. They'd buy that." I said as I bounced Nova. I could tell she was a little uncomfortable but I couldn't tell if it was because she was in a different environment or if it was because she was teething.

A couple minutes later Sam and Kat were coming back into the room.

"Did you guys want to get some food before we go in our room?" Sam asked as I nodded. "I'm starving." I said as Nova fell asleep.

"Can we get chick fil a?!" Kat asked and put her hands on her cheeks. "Yes! Please!" I said as Nova spit her pacifier out and started to cry.

"Shhh, sorry sweetheart." I said then put the pacifier back in her mouth. "Just text me what you want, I'll order it." Sam said as I sat next to Colby again.

We all gave Sam our order then got the girls ready for bed since they were exhausted from all the change they've gone through.

When our food got here we ate and talked about our plan. We decided that Sam and Kat were going to go to the house tomorrow to grab more stuff for Colby, the girls, and I.

Sam had also given Colby the phone number of the officer so we could get in touch with him.

Once we were finished with dinner, Sam and Kat went to their room so we could all get some rest.