142

I couldn't breathe as I ran to the bathroom, slamming the door closed. "Violet, open up." Colby said gently on the other side of the door.

I started sobbing, sinking to the ground as the panic erupted in my chest.

"I'm coming in, V." Colby said as the door opened. I wrapped my arms round myself and sobbed.

"Hey..." Colby whispered and crouched in front of me. "I c-can't b-breathe." I whispered as he frowned and brought his hands to each side of my face.

"Follow my lead. You're gonna be okay." He said as I flinched. I felt bad that I was afraid of him still because all he wanted to do was help me.

I looked at him for a second before my heart started aching. "I-it hurts." I whispered as Colby shook his head. "What hurts, baby girl? Tell me. I'll make it better." Colby begged as my face scrunched with pain.

I didn't know what I did to deserve having someone like Colby. Even when I was trying to push him away, he was here to help me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself into him as much as I could. "I'm here....I'm right here." Colby whispered and scratched my back as I sobbed into his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry." I sobbed out as he tightened his grip on me. "Shhh...just breathe. We're okay. Everything is okay." Colby said quietly.

I tried to calm down but I was feeling so tense.

I was frozen in the position I was in, with my arms wrapped tightly around Colby. It felt like I was made of glass and Colby was the only thing keeping me together.

"You're okay." Colby said and scratched my back gently. "Is everything okay in here?" Sam asked, causing me to flinch. "We're okay, just stall Ki for a minute." Colby said and rubbed my back, trying to soothe me.

"Okay..." Sam said apprehensively then walked away. "You don't have to do this." I whispered, but kept my grip around him.

"Yes I do, V. I love you and I know things are rocky but I love you dearly. I want you to feel safe around me." He said then pulled away from me so he could look into my eyes.

"I don't know how to feel, Colby. I'm just so fucked up right now and I don't know how to feel." I said then sniffled.

"I love you but I also can't help but feel terrified of you. It's breaking me." I whispered as he frowned.

"I know, baby. I know you're fighting though and that's all I could ask for." He said then gently pushed my hair away from my face.

"When all of this is over can we continue our vacation?" I asked as he breathed a laugh.

"We can do whatever you want, baby. I'll wait for you." Colby said as I nodded and wiped my eyes.

"I love you. I really do." I said as he nodded. "I know you do. I love you just as much if not more." He said then sighed.

"We should go celebrate Shawn and Ki's son." Colby said as I nodded. "Thanks for helping me." I said quietly as he stood up and held his hands out to me. I looked at them apprehensively, chewing my lip.

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to do, V." Colby said as I shook my head and grabbed his hands, letting him help me up.

Once I was up I sighed and rubbed my palms on my pants.

"You look beautiful by the way." Colby said as I nodded. "Thank you." I said as we made our way back to the kitchen where everyone was.

"Violet! Where did you go?" Ki asked as we walked into the room. "Sorry, I had to pee.." I said then painted a smile on my face.