2

I laid in bed for a little while, staring up at the ceiling for a little while before I decided it was time to get up and check on the girls.

When I walked upstairs I went into the nursery only to see Colby sitting in the rocking chair holding the girls.

"Oh." I said quietly causing him to look up. "Sorry, I couldn't sleep." Colby said as I shook my head. "Me neither." I said then walked over so I could grab Luna from him.

"Can we just talk about it?" He asked as I nodded. "Later. I want to feed the girls and make sure they're okay before we get into that." I said as Luna yawned and looked up at me.

"I'm really sorry." Colby said as I shook my head. "You don't have to apologize. We'll just talk about it later. Go ahead and shower, I'll feed the girls and meet you in the bedroom." I explained as he stood up.

"Okay." He said then handed Nova off to me so I could feed them. I could tell Colby was still upset but I think it was because he knew he upset me.

It wasn't his fault necessarily that I was upset though. I just wanted him to be safe but it seemed like he didn't care about that.

He was just going to do what he thought would be best.

I shook my head of those thoughts as I set the girls up to eat. I didn't want to get myself worked up again because then I would just be too mad to talk again.

I just wanted to have a productive conversation.

I fed the girls for a while then carefully positioned them so I could burp them.

"Okay, girlies. Let's burp fast so mommy can talk to daddy." I said quietly as I stood up, rocking them as I bounced them gently. "Do you guys think I should let him go?" I asked as they cooed and rested against my shoulders.

"Yeah. We'll see." I said then patted their backs gently. Once they were both burped I made my way out of the room so I could go into the bedroom.

"Let's have some tummy time while mommy and daddy talk." I said then laid them on the rug.

Colby came out of the bathroom a couple minutes later. He wasn't wearing a shirt so the water was trailing down his chest and down his abs.

It made me more annoyed that he was so attractive while I was annoyed with him.

"Are you ready to talk?" Colby asked as I closed my mouth and looked away from him. "Yeah." I said as he chuckled.

"You forgot you were mad at me, huh?" He asked as I rolled my eyes. "Maybe let's wait to tease me." I warned as he sighed.

"Right, sorry." He said then sat on the bed next to me. "I really don't want you to go." I said as he sighed.

"I know, but the fans have been asking us to go back and it's October now so we need to step it up." Colby said as I shook my head.

"You said you would never go back there because you know what's in there is dark. You said that." I said as he sighed.

"No. I said WE would never go back. WE aren't going back, Sam and I are." He said as I huffed out a breath.

"Do you understand how douchey you sound right now?" I asked as he pursed his lips. "I'm not trying to sound douchey. I'm just trying to protect you, V." He said as I shook my head. "And I'm trying to protect you." I said as my eyes watered.

"I can't do that unless you let me come with." I said as he clenched his jaw. "You're not going back there." He said harshly. "Why can't you understand where I'm coming from?!" I asked and crossed my arms.