26

I woke up the next morning to Colby getting out of bed and running towards the bathroom.

"Holy shit, are you okay?!" I asked and got out of bed, following him. I watched as he ran to the toilet so he could throw up.

"Oh.." I whispered then ran over to him, crouching at his side. "Fuck." He groaned as I gently rubbed his back.

"You feel really warm.." I said quietly as he groaned and leaned against the toilet. "I feel like ass." Colby said as I frowned. "Okay, just wait here for a minute. I'll be right back." I said then stood up straight.

I walked back out into the bedroom and grabbed a fluff blanket from the couch and laid it on the bed. I then left the room to go down to the kitchen.

When I got down there I grabbed a big glass of water and the small trash can that was in the cupboard.

I then quickly made some ginger tea then made my way back upstairs. I set the tea and water down on the nightstand, then set the trash can next to the bed.

When I walked back into the bathroom, Colby was sitting on the ground still. "Okay, love. Come on." I said quietly then held my hands out for him to grab. "I wanna stay here." Colby said as I nodded.

"Understandable, but I think you'll be way more comfortable in bed." I said as he sighed and stood up. "Fuck." He groaned and put his hands on his stomach.

"I know, baby. Just make it back to bed and I can take care of you." I said and guided him back into the bedroom.

When we got to the bed I helped Colby lay down. "Drink this if you can, it'll help with the nausea." I said and handed him the tea.

"Is it gonna taste bad?" He asked as I breathed a laugh. "Maybe." I said then brushed his hair from his forehead.

"I'll be right back." I said then walked to the bathroom. When I got in there I went to the closet and grabbed the thermometer and a bottle of Tylenol.

"How does it taste?" I asked as I made my way back into the bedroom. "It's better than the taste of my puke." Colby said as I laughed. "Well that's good. Let me take your temperature then you can take these." I said then walked up to him.

"You're adorable." Colby said quietly as I grinned. "I gotta use my degree somehow." I said then put the thermometer in his mouth.

I sighed then ran my fingers through his hair while I waited for the thermometer to tell me his temperature.

"101..." I mumbled then pulled the thermometer out of his mouth. "How are you feeling?" I asked as he shook his head. "Like shit." Colby said as I frowned.

"Okay, well there's a trash can here so throw up into that if you have to. Take two of these and drink as much water and tea as you can." I said then walked towards the bathroom again.

I quickly cleaned the thermometer off then put it away before going back into the bedroom.

"Thanks for taking care of me." Colby said as I crawled into bed. "In sickness and in health, baby." I said then took his hand and squeezed it. "Get some rest." I said then got comfortable.

I waited until Colby fell back asleep before I fell asleep. I didn't like knowing that he was sick but I knew that I was going to nurse him back to health and he would be good to go.

I woke up a few hours to the girls crying in the other room, which meant it was time for them to eat. Luckily Colby was still asleep, because he needed to be resting.

When I got to the nursery I walked over to the twins. "Hi my loves! We have a big job today." I said and pulled them out of their cribs.

"We have to take care of daddy because he isn't feeling well." I said then walked over to the rocking chair.